Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Finally decided to buy an S24 Ultra. Been trying to make my mind up for about 3 month! Did consider the s24+, but figured the better zoom would be worth it for the ultra.
Should be a nice upgrade on my S21 (non ultra).
One thing i am a bit concerned about is the square sharp corners...how does everyone find holding it? Does it dig into your hand like I've read?

Finally decided to buy an S24 Ultra. Been trying to make my mind up for about 3 month! Did consider the s24+, but figured the better zoom would be worth it for the ultra.
One thing i am a bit concerned about is the square sharp corners...how does everyone find holding it? Does it dig into your hand like I've read?

Nope. No digging in. Plus got a case that cushions it a little.

I got a Spigen Rugged Armor case for my S24U and it fits the phone perfectly. Been using Rugged Armor cases on all my Samsung phones for 10 years and they've never let me down, and feel great.

Anyone having issues with their s24 getting hot and I mean really hot?

Yesterday I was playing wordscapes and the phone came up saying the phone was over heating and shut down all non essential apps and was still getting hotter till I shut the phone down completely had to use the vans air con to cool it down and now even when on its constantly warm

Anyone having issues with their s24 getting hot and I mean really hot?

Yesterday I was playing wordscapes and the phone came up saying the phone was over heating and shut down all non essential apps and was still getting hotter till I shut the phone down completely had to use the vans air con to cool it down and now even when on its constantly warm

I haven't noticed this. Are you using it for a sat nav aswell at same time? That tends to warm phones up I think.

I also use the light performance profile instead of the standard one too as I've never noticed a difference.

Last edited:
Finally got my £200 cashback from Samsung for the S24 Ultra but the £120 from TCB was denied, so it cost me 570 in total I think + free watch not bad either way :)

Reactions: TNA
Finally got my £200 cashback from Samsung for the S24 Ultra but the £120 from TCB was denied, so it cost me 570 in total I think + free watch not bad either way :)

Damn. Was hoping the cashback would work. Would have dropped to £355 :cry:

As it is once my £200 samsung cash back drops it will have worked £490 which is superb anyway :D

Damn. Was hoping the cashback would work. Would have dropped to £355 :cry:

As it is once my £200 samsung cash back drops it will have worked £490 which is superb anyway :D

You can't complain either way, guess you traded in a more recent phone than me to get that price?

I haven't noticed this. Are you using it for a sat nav aswell at same time? That tends to warm phones up I think.

I also use the light performance profile instead of the standard one too as I've never noticed a difference.
No don't use it as a sat nav seems to be behaving itself now keep an eye on it if it happens again send it back under warranty

For the last few months, Galaxy S24 owners have been impatiently waiting for a major camera-focused update to improve the phone's imaging performance. Rumors indicated the update with One UI 6.1.1 could arrive in August following the Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Flip 6 release. While a new firmware is rolling out for Samsung's 2024 flagship, it contains little else besides the August 2024 security patch.

Reactions: W50

W00t. I got my £200 cashback from Samsung. That officially brings the total cost of my S24 Ultra to £490 :D

The £135 cashback on Quidco still shows as tracked, but I assign a very small chance that they will approve that.

Still waiting for my cashback but it should be here by 22nd at the latest. S24ultra, galaxy watch 5 pro and buds 2 for £535 qfter cashback was too much of a steal

So annoyed. Was thinking about getting the s24u but didn't. Now I've damaged my S21U and all the good deals are gone. No way I'm paying the inflated prices when you guys have gotten deals sub 600!

So annoyed. Was thinking about getting the s24u but didn't. Now I've damaged my S21U and all the good deals are gone. No way I'm paying the inflated prices when you guys have gotten deals sub 600!

Could gave had it for £490 like me dude. Plus there is a small chance of quidco cashback yet :p

Could gave had it for £490 like me dude. Plus there is a small chance of quidco cashback yet :p

Yeah I won't pay over what people have got it for earlier. I may have even look to getting the camera repaired.
It looks like it's coming out at 300 off for a trade in and that's all. So would be 800-900.

Hundreds over what you guys have paid. Nearly double!

I'll just hold on until some sort of sale.

So annoyed lol!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Back
Top Bottom