Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

No social media platform supports HDR photos. Only youtube supports HDR videos. There's little point in sharing HDR recorded media which is why the default gallery has a setting specifically for converting to SDR anything that is shared outside of the gallery through the gallery.

New camera update coming shortly:

All of my review videos and stuff are done on the phone now, the video quality at 4k 60 is so good and audio quality that there's no need to unpack my DSLR any more for uploading clean footage for youtube.
Doesn't S24 now support HDR uploads to Instagram

I just looked it up and Instagram supports HDR photos now, but depending on how you browse instagram and on what device, will dictate if you actually see the HDR image or not. MOst phones support HDR if they're OLED screens, but not all, only Edge and Chrome on Windows support HDR display too and Windows needs to then be in HDR mode too which isn't bes practice as 99% of web content isn't HDR and Windows doesn't do tone mapped SDR when in a HDR viewport very well still unlike MacOS that does it perfectly. Maybe Windows 12 but it's still early days right now on that front on Windows.

So it's no guarantee that uploading a HDR photo will result in people seeing it how you see it.

I have the S24 Ultra, what are the best accessories for this, i.e car / push bike mounts, cases, etc ?

Also which YouTube video is worth watching on setting up the S24 Ultra please ?

Last edited:
I have the S24 Ultra, what are the best accessories for this, i.e car / push bike mounts, cases, etc ?

Also which YouTube video is worth watching on setting up the S24 Ultra please ?
Cases? I like my Spigen stuff. I have a Magsafe version so have a UGreen Magsafe compatible car holder. Cases are a really personally purchase I think, so see what catches your eye.

For my road bike, I've just bought a Lamicall handle bar holder. Everything I've bought is from the famous South American river company ;)

Cases? I like my Spigen stuff. I have a Magsafe version so have a UGreen Magsafe compatible car holder. Cases are a really personally purchase I think, so see what catches your eye.

For my road bike, I've just bought a Lamicall handle bar holder. Everything I've bought is from the famous South American river company ;)
It's ok you can mention Amazon :cry:
Anyway this is the charger i use it is SF2.0.

The £30 one has SF 2.0 so will charge the S24 upto 45w.
Any laptop will charge upto 65w if it accepts that charge.
It's a suck it and see with these chargers.Look at the reviews for info what will charge.

Last edited:
No 65W charger support 45W SFC2.0.
They top out at 3.25A.

SFC 2.0 requires over 4A hence a 5A cable is needed.

Advert also explicitly says...

QUOTE... Supports Super Fast Charging for S22 Ultra but does not support 45W Super Fast Charging 2.0.

Well the reviews say otherwise they say it gets SF2.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfast x2 USB-c
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 June 2024
Verified Purchase
This is really good, charges a laptop and a smartphone or two smartphones, both at superfast 2.0 (samsung android). Gets warm but not hot if you use it like this. Looks good, quite compact, easy to take away. Have bought two more as it really is the fastest charger I've had. Very good if you want to charge a phone from 0 to 85 in an hour. Another ten minutes and you're nearly at 100. Great charger, and with the right cable will charge a laptop too (thinkpad). Top quality charger.

"

Well the reviews say otherwise they say it gets SF2.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfast x2 USB-c
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 June 2024
Verified Purchase
This is really good, charges a laptop and a smartphone or two smartphones, both at superfast 2.0 (samsung android). Gets warm but not hot if you use it like this. Looks good, quite compact, easy to take away. Have bought two more as it really is the fastest charger I've had. Very good if you want to charge a phone from 0 to 85 in an hour. Another ten minutes and you're nearly at 100. Great charger, and with the right cable will charge a laptop too (thinkpad). Top quality charger.

"

People are generally dim is all I can say. Specs aren't there do to it and Anker state it themselves.

And that review says it chargers 2 phones at SFC2.0. You can't even make dumber stuff up. :p

Last edited:
People are generally dim is all I can say. Specs aren't there do to it and Anker state it themselves.

And that review says it chargers 2 phones at SFC2.0. You can't even make dumber stuff up. :p

Tysonator wanted the charger for his laptop might not even need SF2.0. Bonus if it does it,like i said suck it and see if it don't work send it back.

Anyone else finding their S24U heating up a lot during video calls? I'm sure it wasn't this hot before, I can definitely feel it on my hand now.

Searching online seems it was a common issue a few months ago..

Back
Top Bottom