Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
S23U vs S24U

Pretty similar but I'll be buying it, as I prefer the flat screen and like the new titanium colour

0ymfSrW.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Side panel? That will remain and has nothing to do with the curved edges really and hasn't done for quite some time, it's a basic feature of OneUI.

Snapdragon X75 is a cool modem, now comes with 5G Advanced with AI features to support better signal connectivity and data sustained speeds etc:

I think we will also see the biggest camera gains with that 50MP primary, that's a large aperture improvement which means considerably better low light performance. I hope this also means that finally 4k 60fps will give the ability to switch lenses which currently is only possible when recording at 1080p 60fps.

Associate
Side panel? That will remain and has nothing to do with the curved edges really and hasn't done for quite some time, it's a basic feature of OneUI.

Snapdragon X75 is a cool modem, now comes with 5G Advanced with AI features to support better signal connectivity and data sustained speeds etc:

Will be X75 be in all S24 models with Snapdragon or will the S24 USA version get the X70?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
S24 Ultra is Snapdragon globally, so yes X75. The non Ultras will use Exynos in Europe.

I would not be too concerned about the new Exynos for the S24 though, it's a complete rework.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll stick to the matte frame finish as shiny frames are annoying. This means probably need to once again buy the samsung online exclusive colours as none of the standard ones come with matte frames.

Soldato
I'll stick to the matte frame finish as shiny frames are annoying. This means probably need to once again buy the samsung online exclusive colours as none of the standard ones come with matte frames.
Called it :D

The flat screen display is very much welcomed back.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's more the Samsung programme where you pay a fixed amoutn each month and every year they send you the latest flagship. Maybe that's the best way to go about it :p

Soldato
Does anyone recall how quickly devices usually ship after announcement when bought from Samsung? I have an S22 Ultra via EE which I didn't get until Feb since they seemed a bit slower to get the devices shipped.

Soldato
Does anyone recall how quickly devices usually ship after announcement when bought from Samsung? I have an S22 Ultra via EE which I didn't get until Feb since they seemed a bit slower to get the devices shipped.
I think s24 is expected to be delivered early Feb. So a couple of weeks at least from the announcement

Associate
OP
I'm interested in the Ultra for the first time because of the flat display. Still seems a very big and heavy device though.

Any pre-order is likely to be based on how good the promotional launch offers are.

Soldato
I'm interested in the Ultra for the first time because of the flat display. Still seems a very big and heavy device though.

Any pre-order is likely to be based on how good the promotional launch offers are.
I'm intending to keep my S23U, but sometimes the trade-in deals and offers are tempting. I do partly regret getting the Ultra last year, I think I would much prefer a smaller device. But understand that would mean a compromise on some areas if I end up doing that.

Soldato
Soldato
I am on S23U, might go for the S24U if upgrade cost is around £200 or less including topcashback, codes, resell old phone, £150 trade in on a brick nokia phone etc etc. It cost me about £200 to go from S22U to S23U in the end,

Back
Top Bottom