Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Do you use your phone for photos much? If so, how are you finding the S24 Ultra camera as opposed to the 15 Pro Max? And how are you dealing with the motion blurred images?
Not sure about the 15 pro max but one thing you can do on the s24u is open the camera go to settings>>intelligent optimisation Here you can select if the camera should prioritise quality vs speed. I found that on max quality i do get some blur but the camera is already quite fast as is and setting it to medium/ minimum makes it even faster but at the cost of some quality. How much loss is acceptable is up to you but i found the medium setting to help a bit but its still a hit or miss. With minimum the quality is pretty bad in low light everything is a smoothened oil painting so wouldn't recommend.

Soldato
You get some of the guys like The Tech Chap who's supposed to have bought the phone themselves, so basically the non-sponsored videos, should be honest enough, he did cover the blur actually, felt like it wasn't as in depth as should have been, his was morelike "there is motion blue meh but ok", when it should be more like "SAMSUNG AGAIN!, Motion Blur, 2024, what are they doing in their camera research department!?!?!?!?"

I know Samsung (and apple fans) in here are sick of me saying probably, but, if this isn't fixed I can't see any reason I won't be ditching this in favor of iPhone 15 Pro Max, I supposed I could try a different android phone, but the Pixel has issued with its modem and isn't quite as fancy as the S24 Ultra, everything's great, but yeah, the bloody camera.
that's the main reason I moved back to iphone 15. I can't be arsed fighting the blurry photos of my cats etc. It's a 50/50 camera.. good hardware average software.

if you want faster shutter(not just it looking fast) then get a pixel or an iphone.

is it always perfect? no.. is it much more consistent and just "works" - yes.

and that's what I want from a phone.. just an all around good device, may not be best at everything but it's "good" at everything and that is good enough for me.

cgk

cgk

Associate
I got the S24+ rather than the ultra because I far prefer the shape, and have zero use for the stylus. I did look into the Exynos vs Snapdragon beforehand, but from what I can tell, this Exynos is significantly better than the previous one and given my general usage, I really don't think I'll notice any difference.

Though I'm also coming from the OnePlus 7T (the other strong contender I was (/semi still am since my 24+ hasn't arrived yet) is the OnePlus 12) and this will still be a massive upgrade I hope.

I looked at the S24+ but due to whacky Samsung maths with trade-in the S24U was cheaper!

In more random news, how it is in 2024, that never Google Wallet or Samsung Wallet support PKPASS which has become the defacto ticket format for lots of things - Google have claimed it's being added as a matter of urgency since 2022...

Soldato
Do you use your phone for photos much? If so, how are you finding the S24 Ultra camera as opposed to the 15 Pro Max? And how are you dealing with the motion blurred images?
Only on holidays mainly and mostly for static objects so personally I have not faced any motion blur images/issues.

Soldato
It still isn't an issue :D
I mean it is..

if it wasn't an issue it wouldn't have the option in the first place, it has the option like all previous samsungs have done.. except the option does nothing.

natural is "correct" but its personal preference. Many people prefer punchy oversaturated displays and its absolutely fine if they do.

Soldato
I got the S24+ rather than the ultra because I far prefer the shape, and have zero use for the stylus. I did look into the Exynos vs Snapdragon beforehand, but from what I can tell, this Exynos is significantly better than the previous one and given my general usage, I really don't think I'll notice any difference.

Though I'm also coming from the OnePlus 7T (the other strong contender I was (/semi still am since my 24+ hasn't arrived yet) is the OnePlus 12) and this will still be a massive upgrade I hope.
I bought the plus over the ultra for similar reasons. My old phone was a Galaxy A72 & I've been really impressed with the upgrade so far. I was starting to get a noticeable amount of lag when doing basic things with the A72 but the S24+ is rapid.

Soldato
except the option does nothing.
It does do something, crank up your screen to full brightness and look at the orange image, you'll notice the difference when you toggle between Vivid and Natural.

The 'problem' people are reporting is it's not as extreme of a shift as before, but with the pending update you'll have even more granularity to adjust this.

Associate
I mean it is..

if it wasn't an issue it wouldn't have the option in the first place, it has the option like all previous samsungs have done.. except the option does nothing.

natural is "correct" but its personal preference. Many people prefer punchy oversaturated displays and its absolutely fine if they do.
This also funny because Samsung own TVs are known for overstaurated colours by default

Associate
I submitted a request to sell my watch to envirofone for £150 before it was delivered, knowing I had some time to send it to them.

It's arrived to envirofone the last day the quote was due to expire. Hopefully I've got my dates correct..

Associate
I have to send in my old phone as trade in and I want to use special delivery and not the tracked 48 label provided, but the instructions say I have to use the label provided. I know the label has the address, customer ref no & barcode on, do I ask Royal mail to stick the special delivery label over the top tracked 48 part or write a new "label" myself with the trade in ref no on?
What did others do for special delivery?

Soldato
Soldato
I looked at the S24+ but due to whacky Samsung maths with trade-in the S24U was cheaper!

In more random news, how it is in 2024, that never Google Wallet or Samsung Wallet support PKPASS which has become the defacto ticket format for lots of things - Google have claimed it's being added as a matter of urgency since 2022...
Never heard of PKPASS, any specific use cases?
Anything that doesn't add to wallet I just screenshot and manually add using the add from screenshot option

Back
Top Bottom