Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Definitely going to be place an order this evening for one. Been looking at cases and noticed Spigen have released this: https://www.spigen.com/collections/...case-slim-armor-magfit?variant=41920504692783

Am I right in thinking they're trying to make MagSafe products work on a Samsung device or am I missing something? It's a bit clunky looking but I quite like the colour and being magnetic for dash holders etc. could be quite useful. Failing that I think I'll just go for a Caseology Parallax or a Spigen Neo Hybrid. The S22U Neo Hybrid got a slating hence the change to Caseology but always been a Spigen fan.

Last edited:
Associate
But they did listen, they released Camera Assistant which is an addon that adds more features into the camera with a specific setting for the sharpness control:

uVmCSRl.jpg

Camera Assistant then continued to get updates with new features like optical quality 2x toggle in the main viewfinder, high res settings and so on.

Edit*
Samsung cat on twitter just posts whatever bit of info streamed into their inbox that day. I don't think they are an actual user of these features, at least not to any semi-professional level anyway in terms of photography.

I also refer to the S23 thread where I've been posting photos I take with it from day 1, and from day 1 I was getting pro results which only further improved as time went on.The exact same will happen with the S24 now.
Even with Camera assistant and the sharpness control it's still bad! Granted it's not as bad, but it's still not great

Associate
Pixels are really good these days
I had the S7 and S10 before switching to Pixel 7 last year. Sure there are neat features on the Pixel, but the 2 things that I preferred on my Samsung phones were: Better camera and Better screens..

To me photos taken on my S10 were better than the Pixel 7.
The brightness on my Pixel7 needs to stay on full in order for me to see anything outdoor (and im not talking direct sunlight).

I am tempted to switching back to the S24, but I need to find a good deal, and unfortunately Samsung dont trade in on the Pixel 7, so I need to sell it elsewhere, which adds to the hassle.

I am also not bothered with keeping the Pixel, its not a bad phone.

Man of Honour
I had the S7 and S10 before switching to Pixel 7 last year. Sure there are neat features on the Pixel, but the 2 things that I preferred on my Samsung phones were: Better camera and Better screens..

To me photos taken on my S10 were better than the Pixel 7.
The brightness on my Pixel7 needs to stay on full in order for me to see anything outdoor (and im not talking direct sunlight).

I am tempted to switching back to the S24, but I need to find a good deal, and unfortunately Samsung dont trade in on the Pixel 7, so I need to sell it elsewhere, which adds to the hassle.

I am also not bothered with keeping the Pixel, its not a bad phone.
Send it into recycling, you can get £202 currently for it, maybe more on other sites: https://www.compareandrecycle.co.uk/mobile-phones/google-pixel-7

Man of Honour
Samsung direct online.

I've just checked on phone recycling and these sites are offering basically double the price for my S23 Ultra and now I'm wondering if I should bother sending the phone in for the trade-in, let Samsung charge me the £370 and just sell the phone to the sites and get even more money back??

DeoJUdG.png

EDIT*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I made a mistake :eek: My trade-in shows S22 Ultra, not S23, even though it accepted my S23 Ultra's IMEI.. I need to contact Samsung to get that changed as the trade-in value should be £550 as it turns out!

Edit2*
See post below, clarified :p

Last edited:
Associate
I saw a Samsung friend referral on this thread this morning for 10% off. I've sat twiddling my thumbs all day, came to order the S24 and it says the code has already been redeemed.

Does anyone have another one they wish to share please?

Soldato
If anyone has a spare Unpacked promo that they can kindly give me, that would be much appreciated. Samsung cancelled my order and I can't reapply the same code.

Back
Top Bottom