Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Has anyone got any email confirmation of their order from Samsung yet? Still nothing here again...

Edit: looks like the email actually went to my Gmail account even though the confirmation on the order page said my Hotmail account...I guess the Samsung website was busy and being weird
I got an email seconds after ordering it with an order number saying they were processing it and now it's changed to preparing for despatch on the
That's for sure, obviously there have been no tests done yet but we'll know soon enough.
It's still fabricated on Samsung fabs awful 4nmLPP node, likely the efficiency will be junk again. Samsung don't even trust it in the Ultra or in the US market, that tells you everything!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do you remember what the 100x zoom was like at S23 launch vs S22 Ultras? I do, I owned them, and in following months after launch it steadily got better with updates. Also, the new 5x camera is higher resolution with better optics than the old 10x optical so will resolve better detail and dynamic range, especially after updates.

This has always been the case since the S10 series which is why I pay no mind to comparisons that get posted at each launch of a new flagship Galaxy phone, as they are largely pointless. Need to compare when both have had 6 months of camera updates. But no it's more important to hit the views on social media with skewed testing.

Also take for example all the videos coming out showing the low light video recording, happened before and still now with the S24 Ultra, reviewers are leaving on Video Stabilisation in the camera settings, this is EIS and this had and still does have shuttering when panning left/right even slowly in low light, it's less obvious in daylight but is there and exhibits as frame pacing judder. Turning this setting off means the camera is only using OIS which is what you want, and the video is no longer cropped in either which is how EIS works so you get a wider FOV, but it's like reviewers don't even care about this and then go to show high quality 4K footage lashed with juddering.

Leave Video Stabilisation off, OIS is higher specced on the S24 than the 23 too, so camera shake is even better this time round without having to turn on EIS.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Common sense wins the day. I've got a 1TB down to £546 with another £50 due from TCB (supposedly there was a short time it was 15% rather than 5) and reckon I can get another ~£200 selling the watch. So about £300 overall, it's tempting but do I really need it? No.

I did come across a birthday Samsung code though and it worked, assuming it will still hold if I cancel the purchase so happy to give it to the first person that wants it (£50 I believe) as I would only use it in a stacking way like this :). No promises though - all on the assumption that it's still valid because I didn't follow through with the purchase.

Soldato
Soldato
Common sense wins the day. I've got a 1TB down to £546 with another £50 due from TCB (supposedly there was a short time it was 15% rather than 5) and reckon I can get another ~£200 selling the watch. So about £300 overall, it's tempting but do I really need it? No.

I did come across a birthday Samsung code though and it worked, assuming it will still hold if I cancel the purchase so happy to give it to the first person that wants it (£50 I believe) as I would only use it in a stacking way like this :). No promises though - all on the assumption that it's still valid because I didn't follow through with the purchase.
Wow damn TCB dropped it to 5%, good job I (we) ordered yesterday!!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's funny as tcb sent a mailer earlier stating 15% so I wonder how many people would have seen that on the way to work only to find it's now 5% when they check at lunch to place an order lol

Soldato
I annoyingly never got my £50 voucher but still did the order, will message their customer service and see if I can get £50 back.
Also my TCB hasn't tracked, will raise a ticket at the end of the day

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you have Amex then there's good cashback to be had in the Samsung Store if you activate the offer in your Amex app. Up to £280 cashback.

Last edited:
Associate
Re: camera zoom

I'd say from that tweet the S23u looks better, noticeably so. And no one should buy a phone based on "the previous one had not a great camera then it got better"
I use my S21U camera a lot, and use the zoom a lot. I know the S24U x5 will work better at medium ranges but even with a lower pixel count I can see the 10x on the S23u beating it at max zoom, I'm sure someone can do the maths on that?

Caporegime
If you have Amex then there's good cashback to be had in the Samsung Store if you activate the offer in your Amex app. Up to £280 cashback.

Well that might change things :o:cry: - checking Amex.......

Edit - ah looks like in store only for me at Westfield London.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom