Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Do you think there will any issues with glass screen protectors working alongside cases?
I've got the Spigen tempered glass waiting, along with Spigen transparent hybrid, which I'd hope would work together!

Though I'm not 100% on the Spigen case as it doesn't look as though it'll protect the two smaller lenses as well.

Looking at a dummy handset, those two lenses don't protrude as much as the main three, so I'd imagine the Spigen hybrid would either end up being flush or allow those lenses to be slightly recessed. The hybrid case is poly carbonate on the back so is a little thicker than the normal full TPU ones, and it does have a lip running around the back edge too.

Something like the ESR transparent case has a much more pronounced camera bump, and has Magsafe, but looking at where the Magsafe mount is in relation to the cameras, it looks as though anything more than a Magsafe charging puck wouldn't sit flush on the back of the phone if I went with one of those.

Last edited:
Soldato
previously, my other half ordered 2 of the flip phones - over 2 years I believe

and she always got a £100 voucher in the box to spend at sammy store.. I'm hoping the same happens here and I can buy some cases using it! ha.

Associate
Anyone a bit concerned by the photo quality? Looks like a bit of a downgrade from the s23u to me and MrWhostheboss new video confirms that too. Standard photos don't look that great hmmmm. I'm skeptical there'll be any big update too.

Associate
Anyone a bit concerned by the photo quality? Looks like a bit of a downgrade from the s23u to me and MrWhostheboss new video confirms that too. Standard photos don't look that great hmmmm. I'm skeptical there'll be any big update too.

It should improve as the updates roll out over the next 12 months as was the case with the S23U.
Keeping tabs on how decent the camera is but it should have surely been nailed from the get go.

Soldato
there have always been big updates.. including day one patches. I think in general reviews of cameras before release are stupid and simply there to generate clicks/content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom