Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Man of Honour
Camera samples with one before/after comparison. Also added some comparison showing the difference settings for Intelligent Optimisation, and then the toggle for Scene Optimiser when using Max Intelligent Optimisation:

An advanced menu has appeared but doesnt make any difference to the image when you change the settings.
The difference is visibly significant setting the vividness slider to max and then going back and toggling between Natural and Vivid. It is now exactly as it was on the S23 pretty much. You must have some other modes enabled if you are not seeing a difference?

Last edited:
Associate
Excellent to see the update is out, I found a thread on Samsung that appears to have improved the camera for me and others

Went into camera settings

Set "Intelligent Optimisation" to minimum
Turned off auto HDR (Camera assistant )
Turned off HEIC compression

A lot faster for taking photos and look far less processed and natural including colours , got to do some more test but to my eyes looks far better

Associate
Got the update as well.

Now got my display set like this. Nice & Cool

2azg6md.jpg

wJVcpPV.jpg

Soldato
How do I stop photos auto brightening up once taken?

I've set Intelligent Optimisation to minimum and
Turned off auto HDR but it's still happening?

Man of Honour
Excellent to see the update is out, I found a thread on Samsung that appears to have improved the camera for me and others

Went into camera settings

Set "Intelligent Optimisation" to minimum
Turned off auto HDR (Camera assistant )
Turned off HEIC compression

A lot faster for taking photos and look far less processed and natural including colours , got to do some more test but to my eyes looks far better
These are old setting recommendations. Intelligent Optimisation is needed to retain detail and rendering quality/noise. See my IMGsli posted earlier where I compare each setting inside the Intelligent Optimisation screen. Max is the best setting but leave scene optimiser off.

Some more camera samples after the update. It's clear to me now that the processing is revised on which lenses offer the best quality. IMO the 3x lens is trash, too noisy, white balance is not matching the other lenses.

Any zoom after 5x is a pixel binned crop of the 50MP sensor from the 5MP lens. The 3x zoom is its own lens and has a 10MP sensor, but since you're getting a 12MP output file, it is doing interpollation/upscaling on that 3x lens which probably explains the extra noise, whereas the 1x and 2x zoms are using pixel bins from the main 200MP sensor so are good too.

1x
Y0W3Cmv.jpeg

2x
a8Xluhw.jpeg

3x
VLvsYLC.jpeg

5x with Intelligent Optimisation MAX (Scene Optimiser OFF)
dIli6Hr.jpeg

5x with Intelligent Optimisation MIN
JDc6nBg.jpeg

10x
QSBGHp4.jpeg

30x
NHnERyN.jpeg

How do I stop photos auto brightening up once taken?

I've set Intelligent Optimisation to minimum and
Turned off auto HDR but it's still happening?

Gallery settings > Turn off "Super HDR"

Last edited:

W50

W50

Associate
Initial thoughts, I'm still a little underwhelmed at present with the camera. Not sure what changes they made to portrait mode (if any)! Will continue to play around with it over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom