Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Does anyone here have issues with the accuracy of the GPS on their s24 Ultra? I've been thinking about getting one, but the experiences here have me a little worried - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/GPS-location-very-unstable/td-p/2794889/page/13 and my wife's normal S24 isn't particularly great either when we are out hiking as her distances/elevation gain are significantly different from mine and known values via alltrails and other hiking websites.

It is demonstrated particularly well in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EFAhVgdD0 as the S24 ultra's location is constantly shifting around, even though there is no movement at all.

Anyone here have anything similar and have troubel getting a decent lock via GPSTest or Google Maps shifting them all over the place?

Soldato
Copped it earlier this morning

4GyqSrL.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like all the orders are getting cancelled for this deal as they £300 off wasn't supposed to be combined with other offers.

Glad I didn't go for it, as I'm worried about the GPS issues that I mentioned above as I rely on my phone for car based travel and extensive hiking and GPS accuracy of a few meters is essential for me

Soldato
Soldato
Sounds like all the orders are getting cancelled for this deal as they £300 off wasn't supposed to be combined with other offers.

Glad I didn't go for it, as I'm worried about the GPS issues that I mentioned above as I rely on my phone for car based travel and extensive hiking and GPS accuracy of a few meters is essential for me
Buy a Garmin!
In the car I have no issues whatseover

Associate
WiFi calling is turned on in Samsung dialler.
Then, go to Connections settings, WiFi calling should then show up, and go into it. 'Calling preference' is shown

Vodafone have disabled that menu option for years. If Wifi calling is enabled, then that's "working" as far as they're concerned.
They don't let you prioritise wifi; their implementation always prioritises using 4G where possible.

The frustration for me is that the call drops out for a few seconds when it decides to move from 4G to Wifi. My house doesn't have excellent 4G coverage, but does have wifi throughout; if I went somewhere with 4G it'd hop to the 4G network from wifi (and cause a 2 second call dropout). Then, I'd move somewhere that 4G wasn't, and lose the call a couple of seconds again while it went to wifi.
Vodafone believe this is working as intended.

I have moved to EE.

Soldato

Your sure about that...

Just got my DPD email!

Associate
How is the S24 Ultra compared to the S22 Ultra? I'm on the S22U at the moment and while it's a great phone, the battery is shoddy as hell. Have they improved on the battery? Or other aspects worth getting the S24U? I'm considering selling this, or using it as a work phone and getting something else.

Soldato
How is the S24 Ultra compared to the S22 Ultra? I'm on the S22U at the moment and while it's a great phone, the battery is shoddy as hell. Have they improved on the battery? Or other aspects worth getting the S24U? I'm considering selling this, or using it as a work phone and getting something else.

I've just moved from the S22U to the S24U because my battery life was dropping. It's only been a few days but it's definitely smoother and I have a quick GPS lock at last. Can't really comment on the battery yet as everything is settling but it "feels" better

Associate
I've just received my S24 Ultra this morning
Bought yday at this price via same deal.

Really unsure what to do honestly. I don't actually want this phone, I just bought it because the price/deal was too good to pass up.

I want a folding phone, either a Oneplus Open or a Pixel Fold. Considering selling this S24 Ultra as it's still new/sealed.

I literally use my phone for Whatsapp/Email/Bit of web browsing/instagram and mostly reading epub books and PDFs. I don't see the need for a £1000 flagship for me personally, and I wouldn't really benefit from the crazy cameras with 1000000x telephoto zoom or the custom emojis or whatever other gimmicks this phone has.

At the same time though, selling this will be such a faff...

Back
Top Bottom