*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Soldato
Samsung has been compromised and data has been stolen. Just got an email.

The breach would appear to have been of Samsung systems in the U.S. and took place in 'late July' according to the advisory.
all customers whose information has been compromised will have received an email to inform them and explain the next steps

Associate
Well apparently if you remove the inner screen protector of the Fold 4 it makes the crease less obvious, who brave enough to try this.:p

Associate
I Imagine it would, the inner screen cover is poor, reflective and makes the opened screen poor in siunlight, I am tempted to remove to see if it can then match the front screen, but I'm most of the way to moving this on for an S22U.

Associate
Yesterday my Fold 3 developed a fault. The crease went black and the right side screen lost the touch screen function.

Hopefully Samsung will fix under warranty.
It will be a warranty fix. They received the phone on the 31.08. Still awaiting parts to fix it.

Associate
Interesting discovery trying to use my banking app on the Fold, app works fine etc, but I wanted to click a link to call the bank and on the internal screen the app complained that it doesn't work on tablets :D

I closed the screen and opened the app on the external and everything worked fine it recognized it as a phone.

I guess that must be one of the ways to get apps to work well on the fold is to advertise as a tablet when open, I did wonder why apps had to be restarted going between screens.

So little tip for other newbs like me, if something isn't working right on your device try the other screen.

Soldato
Just seen this, cheers.

I also removed my inner screen protector as it was coming up, don't think that will matter will it?
Well it would mark very easily with being plastic from fingernails etc. I personally would put on another inner screen protector , i did on mine and as good as the original. It was a Dome one with a jig that came with it. As long as you take your time fitting it :)

Associate
Well it would mark very easily with being plastic from fingernails etc. I personally would put on another inner screen protector , i did on mine and as good as the original. It was a Dome one with a jig that came with it. As long as you take your time fitting it :)

Oh I did, put on a dome myself but it has a couple of areas under it where lint got. I will probs remove before I send it back as it will look cleaner without.

Just placed the order for the 4, costing me an extra couple of quid per month so with the extras it made sense.

Associate
Had an update on my fold 3 with the software features offered by the fold 4, even less reason to side step to the 4 looking to the fold 5 now if it's enough of a jump.

Had that update myself and now have the Fold 4... The 3 only managed to house 2 apps on that bottom bar, the 4 has more.

I will say though I am not a fan of the taskbar, it just takes up screen room.

Last edited:
Soldato
so do any of you guys and gals like the bottom taskbar that is on the 4 and now in the update is on the 3? I've mostly seem negative criticism on here? :) I see the issue of less screen space but it makes a change and feels more of a tablet and less of a phone.
You know , I'll probably get fed up of it!

Last edited:
Associate
I Love it, but when I am not using the phone I am normally using DEX on a portable touchscreen which has the taskbar so it is something I use a lot before the Fold anyway so seems natural to me.

It's a really nice way to drag items into multi window, I always use the triple window config on my external screen, I wish that function of drag to split window function was also in Dex taskbar, would be nice and consistent then and I wouldn't have to manually line up sections on the portable screen.

An auto hide of the taskbar wouldn't hurt mind you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom