*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Associate
I had a fold 3 and still have it, but my main phone is a S23U.

In the end, the small front screen, Front screen not being touch , No pen housing and some other niggles I can't remember made me go back to a normal phone.

Soldato
I had a fold 3 and still have it, but my main phone is a S23U.

In the end, the small front screen, Front screen not being touch , No pen housing and some other niggles I can't remember made me go back to a normal phone.
I presume you mean its not pen touch enabled on outer screen. Yep no touch screen.

I use a Bluetooth keyboard with a mouse pad built in and a stand.

It's very good like that

Last edited:
Associate
I gave up on mine. The lack of an spen slot and not being able to use the spen on front screen, was enough to sell it.

Soldato
Ha same.

My Fold4 stopped folding a week and a half ago. Luckily Samsung covered it under their standard warranty and it's on it's way back to me now.
Same happened to me last August. Repaired under warranty. Though I got a new IMEI as phone 80% rreplaced. new screens, new battery, shell. Only thing the same seems to be the main board as my data was still on it.

Soldato
Same happened to me last August. Repaired under warranty. Though I got a new IMEI as phone 80% rreplaced. new screens, new battery, shell. Only thing the same seems to be the main board as my data was still on it.
Contemplating trading it in for something else once I get it back. As much I love the large inner screen, it is genuinely SO useful, got me thinking whether it is worth the hassle and the risk of it happening again.

Associate
Soldato
The upcoming Fold 6 is almost indictial to the Fold 5 technology wise which in turn was a copy of paste of the Fold 4, it's mainly the design that's been tweaked. We are on the 6th generation and Samsung seems to have totally taken its foot off the gas. I know Samsung likes to copy apple, are they coping their release strategy too by launching extremely iterative products for each cycle.

Soldato
I wouldn't touch another Samsung foldable until they change the quite frankly ridiculous candy bar shape front screen ratio. Typing on my Fold 2 using the front screen was extremely difficult and uncomfortable. I think One Plus with their Open has found the sweet spot.

Soldato
I wouldn't touch another Samsung foldable until they change the quite frankly ridiculous candy bar shape front screen ratio. Typing on my Fold 2 using the front screen was extremely difficult and uncomfortable. I think One Plus with their Open has found the sweet spot.
From the leaks it looks like the Fold 6 changes the shape slight. Slightly wider and not as tall.

Back
Top Bottom