*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

I do like the idea of these phones but suspect in practice the thickness/weight isnt worth it. I fancy a new phone, might settle for a new case at least then my s23u will feel newer :)
Honestly after a day or two I really didn't notice the thickness. Not really all that heavy either. Two years later I'm still using it daily and wouldn't go back to a non folding phone.

Seem abit tight on freebies this year no free storage upgrade or case etc just 10 percent off and a years free insurance oh and 30 quid samsung store credit.

Yes there's not much push to jump on the pre-order. When ordering via blue light card they offer you the spen +case in lieu of the insurance if you prefer. Not sure what I'd end up using the credit for.

I think I'll hold out for some reviews of the camera. I use phone camera a lot and really appreachiate how good it is on my current phone. Don't want to take a step back on that one.

I use to have a Fold 4 and found the camera on that to be fine, so I'm guessing the Fold 6 camera will be decent enough aswell.

Does anyone know if there is a way you can stack codes on the Samsung app or website ?

I've got a bunch of codes that could bring down the price of the fold a lot more but it's not letting me add them.
I think samsung has patched their website. The 10% referral code doesn't work

Last edited:
4400mAh battery for the third time in a row come on
It's like do the least amount of upgrades each time that can get away with

Last edited:
Meh.

Still the same odd aspect ratio on the front screen. Still the same battery capacity. Still stuck with fairly slow charging. Still bloody expensive. I was hoping for a reason to switch from the Magic V2, as Samsung's foldable software implementation is a lot better than Honor's. But in most respects the Fold 6 would be a backward step on the hardware front, and with the mediocre pre-order deals it would be an incredibly expensive change.

Let's see what Google deliver with the Pixel Fold 2...

Last edited:
The front display ratio has changed though? It's got shorter and a bit wider.

You're right. I hadn't noticed.

I think I can be forgiven though; the aspect ratio has only shifted from 23:9 to 22.1:9. So it's still very tall and narrow compared to typical smartphones. Even the Xperia 1 is chunky by comparison, at 21:9 :p The S24 series is 19.5:9, the Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro, OnePlus Fold and Magic V2 are at 20:9, and the Pixel Fold is 17.4:9 (chonky boi). It would have been nice to see the Fold 6 sport a more normally proportioned front display.

So went to arrange to upgrade my Fold 4 and Watch 4 Classic with O2 and couldn't. It appears that when they switched to the new billing a few months ago and it broke the links between my mobile plans and my devices. So now got to wait in the hope they can fix it. Better not miss out on my extras.

Back
Top Bottom