Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 (G95NC) 57" Uber-Wide

Associate
When i first got the monitor i could select HDR in windows, now it says that HDR is not supported. Connected using a DP 2.1 cable, i did update the firmware to 1003. Any help getting HDR working again?

Associate
Hi, is there anyway to have the G95NC and a smaller uw (3440x1440) in a multi monitor set up. Whenever i try and use the second screen the G95NC res and refresh rates drops. Im using a 7900xtx/5800x3d

cheers

Associate
Hi, is there anyway to have the G95NC and a smaller uw (3440x1440) in a multi monitor set up. Whenever i try and use the second screen the G95NC res and refresh rates drops. Im using a 7900xtx/5800x3d

cheers
I don't think theres enough bandwidth on the GPU to simultaneously run 3440*1440 @ 240Hz (assuming a G9) and 7860*2160 @240Hz. They should both work at native res @120Hz.

Caporegime
i would really get one if you could properly use PIP modes and it had more capability, but in the end these super ultra wides cant be used to act as if they're 2 monitors. just having a super long screen is a bit pointless.

also need DP 2.0 to become more mainstream
Can you clarify why they can’t be used as two monitors? I’ve got a 35” ultra wide that runs two computers using the pbp (picture by picture is it??) without much issue, just planning on moving to a superwide g9 and this worries me as I use a desktop and laptop almost permanently.

Associate
Can you clarify why they can’t be used as two monitors? I’ve got a 35” ultra wide that runs two computers using the pbp (picture by picture is it??) without much issue, just planning on moving to a superwide g9 and this worries me as I use a desktop and laptop almost permanently.

main issue ive had is for example, if I had 2 screens normally I can watch youtube on 1 screen full screen and multitask on the other. However with ultrawides there isnt a clean way to watch full screen content on just half the screen - it will always just take over the entire screen.

Caporegime
main issue ive had is for example, if I had 2 screens normally I can watch youtube on 1 screen full screen and multitask on the other. However with ultrawides there isnt a clean way to watch full screen content on just half the screen - it will always just take over the entire screen.
Still not entirely following :p.

I've got an odyssey g5 (?), have one computer connected to the display port, one to the HDMI and they run as two monitors exactly half of the ultrawide. Are you saying you can't do that on the G9?

Soldato
I'm considering one of these at the moment, anyone got any thoughts after owning one for a while?

Would also like to know how the HDR compares.

I am still using the original G9 that suits me fine for SD as the HDR is useless, I do use a LG C1 48 OLED for any HDR content I want to run.

Would love the best of both worlds, and still use desktop in SDR.

Associate
Would also like to know how the HDR compares.

I am still using the original G9 that suits me fine for SD as the HDR is useless, I do use a LG C1 48 OLED for any HDR content I want to run.

Would love the best of both worlds, and still use desktop in SDR.
I've ended up watching a few videos regarding the monitor, people are happy with everything for the most part, except the fact its not oled. Firmware updates only via USB apparently, lack of dp inputs if that matters to you, monitor sometimes going to sleep requiring a forced restart of your system to wake it up.

Weight of the monitor doesn't support most stands, I'll be using the default base anyway.

Shame I can't see one in person to see if I can accept the drop off back to non oled, without going all out and buying one. If I do bite the bullet I'll be trying to make use of a few discount codes, see if I can get it down to £1700 or even lower ideally closer to £1500.

Not seen many 2nd hand either so looks like a buy new only purchase in the UK at least

As for your g9 you can set it up to do 1000 nits in Windows 11 sold as True Black 400.. although this sometimes resets in my time of owning the monitor, I did notice the difference...from sdr couldn't live without it. I used HDMI 2.1 port though.

This model has 1000 hdr out the box so should be even better.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought these were buggy AF? Did they fix a lot of it via firmware??

Yeah I went through reddit as well, seems most people are happy with the performance with the latest firmware release, fixing a lot of the issues early adopters were having with the monitor. Although weirdly some people didn't have issues others were experiencing I don't know if that's GPU/Monitor/Cable related though.

Currently can get it at £1606 + a free 32" basic smart monitor, I've got until the 19th before this offer goes away, the only one cheaper I've seen is an ex display model... so probably as good a price as I'll get it, unless it gets heavily discounted.

Associate
Ive had the original G9 for 18mo and this is exactly how ive used it 99% of the time, because its impractical for most tasks.
They'll only operate at 120hz this way, but thats perfectly fine.

YakJACt.png

Back
Top Bottom