Samsung Odyssey

Soldato
There are starving children in the Third World who'd give their right arm for a WMR headset - even if it dooz show screen door effect! (PS When I were yung, we 'ad tp live in shoe box - all 'undred and eighty six of us!")

In other words: we people of the industrial world are spoiled.

Is there something wrong with you?

Associate
I currently have the Rift (with Alienware R15 laptop) and I am thinking of getting my cousin to get me the odyssey when he comes to UK next month from the US.

My interest is purely for the lack of external sensors which means I can use it in hotels while I away for work. I don't plan on buying any VR games from the windows store so will only rely on my existing VR games in steam & oculus store.

With that in mind is the use of Odyssey on my existing Steam & Oculus install simply a matter of plug n Play or will I have to start messing around every time I swap HMD?

Thanks

Soldato
I currently have the Rift (with Alienware R15 laptop) and I am thinking of getting my cousin to get me the odyssey when he comes to UK next monthway ... IMOom the US.

My interest is purely for the lack of external sensors which means I can use it in hotels while I away for work. I don't plan on buying any VR games from the windows store so will only rely on my existing VR games in steam & oculus store.

With that in mind is the use of Odyssey on my existing Steam & Oculus install simply a matter of plug n Play or will I have to start messing around every time I swap HMD?

Thanks

You will love the Odyssey... Its perfect in every way. Imo

Asa

Asa

Associate
You will love the Odyssey... Its perfect in every way. Imo
Encouraging. Can you give a bit more insight into what you're playing, how well the tracking of the controllers is working, and any issues or quirks you have to deal with?

Really interested in getting one of these, or possibly the Asus one if it compares well (and actually gets released here).

Associate
Its actually only about £300 in the usa! Also has anyone tried the Lenovo Explorer? Hows it compare? You can pick one of these up for less than £200 second hand but hardly used.

Soldato
Anyone here went from a rift to an Odyssey for simracing? if so, would you share the biggest difference(s) you noticed?

For me, going from my brothers Rift setup to my Odyssey, the difference isn't huge, but you do notice that bit of extra sharpness, less god-rays and I find the Odysseys inbuilt headphones really good. Considering it's so easy to setup with no sensors, it's great on my Simrig.

Associate
For me, going from my brothers Rift setup to my Odyssey, the difference isn't huge, but you do notice that bit of extra sharpness, less god-rays and I find the Odysseys inbuilt headphones really good. Considering it's so easy to setup with no sensors, it's great on my Simrig.

Thanks! I'm going to hold off for the pimax 5k to hit the streets as they started shipping before deciding. That way I don't have to jump ship twice.

Back
Top Bottom