Samsung Odyssey+

Associate
I want one. I can't get one. Why no Europe release!?

"Experience true, distraction-free immersive viewing with the Samsung HMD Odyssey+’s exclusive Anti-Screen Door Effect (Anti-SDE) Display innovation1. Where fine lines separating pixels become visible in some displays, the Screen Door Effect can hinder immersion and even lead to dizziness or nausea over time. The Samsung HMD Odyssey+ deploys its cutting-edge display technology to fight irritating fixed-pattern noise, creating a perceived PPI of 1,233 PPI2 for an enhanced mixed reality experience."

Asa

Asa

Associate
Me too. You have to think the Europe release will be soon since the Samsung US site is now showing as "in stock".
The first Odyssey never got an EU release, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I want the Odyssey+ too, so I'll be keeping an eye on the .com rainforest as they did offer UK shipping on the old one.

Soldato
The SDE reduction on this is supposed to be very impressive, but it's allegedly not as comfortable to wear as a Rift. Not that we'd get a chance to buy it in Europe anyway!

Asa

Asa

Associate
Samsung are knocking $200 off this for Black Friday, so it'll be $300 for what appears to be a great headset.

Soldato
The SDE reduction on this is supposed to be very impressive, but it's allegedly not as comfortable to wear as a Rift. Not that we'd get a chance to buy it in Europe anyway!

I've got the existing odyssey and whilst it's different to the rift, I have zero issues with fitment, usage or anything else compare to the rift, its a credible alternative IMO.

Especially with the latest Windows Fall Update (1809) the Windows MR experience is getting better, the tracking is near flawless (as flawless as any tracking system really), in fact for desk usage (sim racing) its been literally flawless.. the only issues being software niggles that you occasionally have to workaround but are possible.

I imported mine from Amazon who pay all taxes/shipping etc and with some discount, I got it for a little bit over £300 delivered (took a week).. I see other large US etailers offering seamless international services, and presuming it goes on this $300 sale price, checking conversation rates, £233 for the headset + VAT = £280 with free shipping (bump it up to expedited for £20), I'd say that's seriously worth considering.

Associate
You can simply sign-in / sign-up and set it to send you an email alert from their website or just check there every now and again if you don't want to sign up to email alerts...

Associate
Ah I want one so badly, but it's really difficult to order from Samsung US :(
Have you looked into big apple buddy? I'm hoping my order will go through for the Odyssey+ @$299 plus fees, shipping and taxes. All equated to £350. Assume they're still taking orders but may not be able to fulfil all depending on how many they're able to purchase from Samsung...

Asa

Asa

Associate
Have you looked into big apple buddy? I'm hoping my order will go through for the Odyssey+ @$299 plus fees, shipping and taxes. All equated to £350. Assume they're still taking orders but may not be able to fulfil all depending on how many they're able to purchase from Samsung...
I looked, and even put in a request for quote with the details, but I've not seen the offer or had any response from them.

Associate
I looked, and even put in a request for quote with the details, but I've not seen the offer or had any response from them.
My response went into spam. I think there is a direct link now for the Samsung.com offer but you'll be down the end of the queue. .

Asa

Asa

Associate
My response went into spam. I think there is a direct link now for the Samsung.com offer but you'll be down the end of the queue. .
Thanks for pointing this out. I definitely never received a response from them, and I couldn't see the deal when searching the site. However, Google managed to get me a URL to place the order. Now just keeping the fingers crossed that I get one, and hoping the offer hasn't been too popular. Most people hate VR anyway, right?

Paid £30 quid more than you... I guess you ordered before the latest round of Brexit news :rolleyes:

Associate
Thanks for pointing this out. I definitely never received a response from them, and I couldn't see the deal when searching the site. However, Google managed to get me a URL to place the order. Now just keeping the fingers crossed that I get one, and hoping the offer hasn't been too popular. Most people hate VR anyway, right?

Paid £30 quid more than you... I guess you ordered before the latest round of Brexit news :rolleyes:
Hope we both get lucky!:cool:

Associate
Now just keeping the fingers crossed that I get one, and hoping the offer hasn't been too popular.

Have you had any update from Bigapplebuddy? I've had nothing today, sent a couple of chase emails, tweets but no response as if they're not staffed on a Sunday. Maybe they use some sort of automated ordering system and will confirm either positively or negatively tomorrow...

Asa

Asa

Associate
Have you had any update from Bigapplebuddy? I've had nothing today, sent a couple of chase emails, tweets but no response as if they're not staffed on a Sunday. Maybe they use some sort of automated ordering system and will confirm either positively or negatively tomorrow...
No, not a word. This has been bugging me because I have no idea whether to search for alternative arrangements.

On the plus side, the offer is still up at Samsung so hopefully quantities aren't limited....

Associate
No, not a word. This has been bugging me because I have no idea whether to search for alternative arrangements.

On the plus side, the offer is still up at Samsung so hopefully quantities aren't limited....
Yep, same boat.

Deal is also available on microsoft.com so I'm hoping my paid order can be transferred tomorrow if needed.

Back
Top Bottom