Samsung Odyssey+

Associate
Tempted to give iracing another go. Haven't tried it for a couple of years and only ever did about three 3 month trials at discounted rates (didn't buy any additional content) . Couldn't warrant the cost due to amount of time I had available to race. Seems current steam offer for a year at £30 could be worth a go (not sure if it's for new users only but haven't done it through steam before and could just use another email address if needed).

Associate
Also looking at upgrading to X470 / 2700x or waiting a bit and seeing what 2019 has to offer.

Been playing around with raceroom in VR and struggling to get consistent fps and acceptable IQ with mirrors on ..

Associate
You can adjust supersampling % for target resolution or in game. I end up playing with various settings per game to get a decent balance between IQ and framerate.

Associate
Got a hold of this headset on loan for a few weeks. Now this is what I've been looking for in an upgrade! Beautiful screen, no SDE, lovely deep blacks and popping colours, real depth to the image. My friend had modded the halo strap with velco strips across the top, and an extra thick vr cover gasket replacement. I've found this headset very comfortable to wear, I don't know what it was like before the mods but this is grand for extended use.
Tracking is fine, haven't noticed any issues.
Really happy I sold my Index, will be looking to try and get an Odyssey+ for myself on ebay.

Associate
Got a hold of this headset on loan for a few weeks. Now this is what I've been looking for in an upgrade! Beautiful screen, no SDE, lovely deep blacks and popping colours, real depth to the image. My friend had modded the halo strap with velco strips across the top, and an extra thick vr cover gasket replacement. I've found this headset very comfortable to wear, I don't know what it was like before the mods but this is grand for extended use.
Tracking is fine, haven't noticed any issues.
Really happy I sold my Index, will be looking to try and get an Odyssey+ for myself on ebay.

Yes, it's a great headset. I only suffered with a bit of forehead discomfort but totally gone now that I have the VRCover for it. Also got lens inserts as I wear glasses. Don't think I'll be changing HMD any time soon :cool:

Back
Top Bottom