Samsung Odyssey+

Associate
Just received this message :

"Hi
Many thanks for your message!
Unfortunately, we're only able to provide order updates via email at the moment due to security reasons - apologies for the inconvenience.
However, I can confirm that we've managed to secure Samsung HMD + devices at the sale price for all our customers and we are on track to deliver the items within the estimated delivery time set out in your order confirmation.
I hope that's helpful! If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!
Cheers
Phillis"

Asa

Asa

Associate

"Hi
Unfortunately, we're only able to provide order updates via email at the moment due to security reasons - apologies for the inconvenience.
However, I can confirm that we've managed to secure Samsung HMD + devices at the sale price for all our customers and we are on track to deliver the items within the estimated delivery time set out in your order confirmation.
I hope that's helpful! If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!
Cheers
Phillis"
Ah that's encouraging. Thanks for sharing!

"Security reasons" :rolleyes:

What are you upgrading from? I have a Rift and a Vega 64 running it. Hope it copes OK with the increased res :)

Soldato
As I get on so well with the Odyssey and my Widmo VR Prescription lenses will fit both, I'm going to roll the dice and pre-order from B&H, they offer a full import fees paid with reasonably shipping and it actually works out the same price as Big Apple Buddy but with VAT and import duty pre-paid.. the downside is its a pre-order, so no idea if or when they might actually get any..

Asa

Asa

Associate
The Samsung US site has estimated delivery dates pushing further out as time goes on. It listed 4th December this morning, and says w/c 9th December now.

Assuming that site is on top of placing orders, you can make a fair estimate. Seems likely we'll all be waiting a number of weeks, but we should all get them. Hopefully enough of the things will sell that it ends up reasonably well supported :o

Associate
Thank me later guys, if you want to import to UK without having to go through a freight forwarder like I was going to (didn't want to) go to B&H - US site that sell international and can even prepay custom fees, I paid £341 after Mastercard conversion and that included $110 dollar for VAT and Duty charges. I googled the company and it seems a legit US business with many Trust Pilot, Google and Reddit reviews

Associate
As I get on so well with the Odyssey and my Widmo VR Prescription lenses will fit both, I'm going to roll the dice and pre-order from B&H, they offer a full import fees paid with reasonably shipping and it actually works out the same price as Big Apple Buddy but with VAT and import duty pre-paid.. the downside is its a pre-order, so no idea if or when they might actually get any..
Same here and it's not like Apple Buddy will be able to supply quicker because there likely waiting on Samsung, we are also covered with only going through one supplier so if it arrived with a dead pixel we'd easily be able to do a return with B&H within first 3 days of receiving, doing a return at B&H expense - they confirmed this on there chat and if you buy via CC your protected anyway

Associate
Thanks Jo77ua :) I've just ordered one from bhphotovideo.com. Looks like they are pretty reputable from what I can tell.

I just hope the headset works fine when it arrives - returning things internationally is a pain in the arse!

Associate
Thanks Jo77ua :) I've just ordered one from bhphotovideo.com. Looks like they are pretty reputable from what I can tell.

I just hope the headset works fine when it arrives - returning things internationally is a pain in the arse!
Welcome, did you choose to include custom charges? I was debating wondering if it'd slip through but ended up playing it safe to avoid issues and add on charges - it's a really great price and because they seem to be such a reputable company it's kinda reassuring importing will be hassle free. When I was on the webchat thing I was told they'd even arrange return if it arrived damaged etc. I don't often buy new, normally through Gumtree but can't see this coming to Europe just like old model which I bought for £450 and ended up selling for £650 on Ebay months later anyway.

Associate
I chose to include the customs charges, so at least I’m sure what the final cost will be.

What they’ve said about returns is promising, but then I’ve had shocking after sales service from companies who you would expect to be reliable, so you can never tell until the time comes. I ordered an Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti direct from Nvidia (through their sales channel supplier Digital River). Turned out it was a dud (along with quite a few others so I’ve read). Nvidia agreed it was faulty and said I’d be sent RMA details within a few days. Nothing arrived, and every time I contact them, they just say they are “working on it”. Eventually I’ve had to intruct my credit card company to recover the money.

Asa

Asa

Associate

"Hi
Cheers
Phillis"

Heard any more from them since?

Associate
Latest response:

"Hi Mike. Many thanks for your message! I can confirm that your device is still on schedule to arrive at our facility by 7 December. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!"

Hopefully it will be sooner and won't be delayed...

Asa

Asa

Associate
I've got a "Dec 04- Dec 21". Reading around reddit it sounds like a lot of people are getting them delivered a lot earlier than their estimated dates so hopefully it'll be sooner.

I can handle delays if necessary, I just don't want to find myself in a position where I have to argue the refund or dispute it with Paypal over a month after I paid, and obviously I don't want to end up with no Odyssey+!

Associate
Sounds promising - fingers crossed for early delivery. My 'window' was from 23rd Nov to 7th Dec for Samsung to deliver to BAB... Then it will need to be shipped to me.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Yeah I keep reading user reviews saying how much better it is than the Rift. Making it harder to enjoy that while I wait! I manage to though :)

Asa

Asa

Associate
Had an update last night. It's being shipped and due to arrive Monday (I only paid for standard shipping) :D
Congrats :)

Please give us some impressions once you've had a decent play with it, should help tide me over until mine eventually arrives!

Associate
Will do. I have all the relevant drivers /software loaded and ready to go (hopefully)!

What games/experiences are you planning to play?

Asa

Asa

Associate
Project Cars 2, Skyrim, Fallout4, Pavlov.

I've got literally about 100 VR games in the backlog to play with, but those ones are pretty high on my list to try.

Oh, and curious how you get on with Revive if you're planning to use anything on the Oculus store (which I'd 100% recommend you do) .

Associate
I have Project Cars 2 so can give that a go but anticipate doing most vr racing with assetto corsa. I'll have a look at revive...

Back
Top Bottom