Samsung U28D590 mini review

Associate
Have to say 4k is fantastic, I got one of these monitors on Sunday and going from 1080p to 4k the difference is unreal games look unbelievable and in having no problems running them with surprising good fps definitely a worthy upgrade.

Soldato
Tell that to the other 90% on this forum who say 4k isn't ready yet or you need to spend £3k on GPU's.

For me my 4K Samsung is the best piece of hardware I have purchased for gaming in years and years, any-one that doesnt own one is just missing out playing games how developers intended them to be played.

Associate
Tell that to the other 90% on this forum who say 4k isn't ready yet or you need to spend £3k on GPU's.

For me my 4K Samsung is the best piece of hardware I have purchased for gaming in years and years, any-one that doesnt own one is just missing out playing games how developers intended them to be played.

I have to agree with you mate it's breathing new life into games that I've already done, also no need to spend a fortune on gpu's with the price of 290's at the moment xfire is really affordable I might go tri-fire.

Caporegime
OP
Can't argue with you fella's, this Samsung monitor is fantastic. I deserted and grabbed the ROG Swift because I was desperate to try G-Sync but give me 4K - 120Hz and G-Sync and I will be back :) (it will be coming as well)

Soldato
Can't argue with you fella's, this Samsung monitor is fantastic. I deserted and grabbed the ROG Swift because I was desperate to try G-Sync but give me 4K - 120Hz and G-Sync and I will be back :) (it will be coming as well)

I find 60Hz at 4K perfect for fast paced games, I only play FPS and it really is perfect. :)

Also agree, 60hz is plenty as long you can run a solid 60FPS, feels just as smooth as my 120hz Benq did, when a 120hz 4K comes out I will upgrade just cause I can, and why not.

Caporegime
OP
I am not good enough of a gamer to worry about the technical side but G-Sync on the ROG Swift does feel snappier but Tomb Raider was jaw dropping on the Samsung, as well as Assetto Corsa. Those 2 games alone make 4K a pleasure to game at but I could never get the mouse DPI right for BF4 :(

Soldato
Theres a couple of good calibrations up on the interwebs done by proper reviewers.

that is all well and good, but there is no guarantee that the settings used by someone else will be suitable for you - monitors have a little bit of variation anyway, and brightness will be a function of how bright you have your room and personal preference, which can then skew other settings like contrast and gamma

reviewers that post icc profiles start with setting the brightness for a particular value first, then all the other settings are adjusted off of that base, if you change the brightness then you are potentially throwing all the other values off

Back
Top Bottom