Samsung U28D590 mini review

Caporegime
OP
Some more news. 780GTX 3gb is not yet officially supported at 4k in the latest drivers but the next WHQL will be reintroducing support. This is from EVGA tech support USA.

Good find bud. I am honestly shocked to hear that though, as I thought a Titan was a 780 more or less with just a couple of differing bits (DP and VRAM).

Soldato
Good find bud. I am honestly shocked to hear that though, as I thought a Titan was a 780 more or less with just a couple of differing bits (DP and VRAM).

True but as the 780gtx probably came out a little earlier maybe I'm guessing it has different timing or output signal strength or something? I have no idea

Best thing to come out of this is I'm now proficient in lots more of windows hidden features and in bios tweaking on 7 series cards lol plus I have a classified bios.

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting, it may also explain why I haven't seen nearly as many issues as others on my 750Ti. Although significantly slower it is a newer architecture.

Soldato
True but as the 780gtx probably came out a little earlier maybe I'm guessing it has different timing or output signal strength or something? I have no idea

Best thing to come out of this is I'm now proficient in lots more of windows hidden features and in bios tweaking on 7 series cards lol plus I have a classified bios.

The GTX 780 was released 3 months after the Titan.

Caporegime
OP

The GTX 780 was released 3 months after the Titan.

Yer, the Titan was first and then the 780 was released 3 months after. I guess there is something else different that I have not heard about.

Caporegime
OP
Awesome Bemaniac and my personal thoughts of an SLI bridge never fixing it were massively wrong. I couldn't possibly see that being the reason but glad it is and will help some others hopefully :)

Soldato
bemaniac what is the physical difference between the two versions of the sil bridge

Well none other than it says 2.0 on the bottom and on the packet it has a serial beginning with 14 instead of 13............no other difference. It casused massive flickering then windows went ding dong, installed something and the monitor went black and came back on fully functional...........everything works in all games now.

Let me tell you! Just Cause 2 with 32XAA in 4k...........well it took my breath away!

Associate
Well none other than it says 2.0 on the bottom and on the packet it has a serial beginning with 14 instead of 13............no other difference. It casused massive flickering then windows went ding dong, installed something and the monitor went black and came back on fully functional...........everything works in all games now.

Let me tell you! Just Cause 2 with 32XAA in 4k...........well it took my breath away!

If it was a bandwidth issue with the old bridges there must be some extra link on the new bridge to give it an increase in bandwidth. :confused:

Soldato
does this mean that there are a quite a few old SLI bridges (of differing manufacturers) that won't work in 4k ?

surely this would have come out in testing ? I assume there is a standard that SLI bridges have to meet ?

Soldato
does this mean that there are a quite a few old SLI bridges (of differing manufacturers) that won't work in 4k ?

surely this would have come out in testing ? I assume there is a standard that SLI bridges have to meet ?

Definitely. There are 680 780 titan and titan black users reporting this but no one seemed to have figured out that a certain type definitely works but for sure that evga sli bridge works. It probably has extra connections inside it for sure. Bridges of 7cm or less seem to work best as all my 8cm or 10cm ribbons do not work nor do 8 cm hard bridges. The ROG sli connector is 7cm and just arrived and that also works so only that one and the evga so far.

Associate
I've told nvidia about this issue. They didn't know about it lol typical nvidia. Good job evga know nvidias technology better than nvidia do :)

I got the Asus rampage iv black edition motherboard a month or so ago and the ROG SLI bridges supplied have worked fine in 2 way and just recently tried 3 way SLI with no flickering. I made sure i pushed those suckers tight to discount a loose connection. The whole flickering issues are weird. FYI i am using titan blacks but i don't see it matters what Nvidia GPU you use, the whole 4k issues thing is a mess. Luckily my cabling and bridges have worked with no issue on my Sammy 4k. Noticed a comment on the rainforest about the EVGA triple bridge not working properly at 4k as well, much be old revisions i guess.

Man of Honour
Just found this thread.

I am tempted by the B grade offer on these.

Is it worth doing though?

Currently have a pretty old Dell 2408WFP. Would there be much of a difference?

I have an AMD7990, so I should have a good bit of grunt for most games...what happens if I can't run at a high enough res though, I guess that wouldn't look too great?

Caporegime
OP
Just found this thread.

I am tempted by the B grade offer on these.

Is it worth doing though?

Currently have a pretty old Dell 2408WFP. Would there be much of a difference?

I have an AMD7990, so I should have a good bit of grunt for most games...what happens if I can't run at a high enough res though, I guess that wouldn't look too great?

The 7990 will be ample to run this. Don't expect full settings and my honest opinion was lowered details looked far superior to 1080P max details.

Back
Top Bottom