Samsung Visits Overclockers UK!

OCUK guys, how did u find the reflections playing with this monitor?

You do still need glasses, but the 3D is hardware based, not software/driver based like the Nvidia. This means the 3D works perfectly with every game and app possible.

Perfectly is not quite true - see user experiences of the SA27A950 in this thread from about page 12 onwards http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18279602&page=12&highlight=username_creed

Damn, these really sound awesome! Out of interest, what's the difference between the A750 and the A950? The fancier stand can't be worth £70 alone, can it? :o

The 750 only has DisplayPort and HDMI (no DVI) so to run 120Hz u need to run it through the DisplayPort (as HDMI only support 60Hz at 1080p). This can be a problem if u have an nvidia card without a DP port (many GTX570s and 580s dont) as the adapters are rare and expensive.

Damn, these really sound awesome! Out of interest, what's the difference between the A750 and the A950? The fancier stand can't be worth £70 alone, can it? :o

I believe the difference is that the A950 has Smart Hub built in but the A750 doesn't - I will try and find out for sure though as I could be wrong!

Close! Basically the difference between these models are exactly the same however they look physically different the 950 has Dual Link DVI whereas the 750 doesn't. That is all it is, however these have the letter A in front of the model numbers so this is the standard monitor, if you go with the T model then as ubershell says it will come with the built in Smart Hub which is where you can download apps and watch content through the monitor (like BBC iPlayer and YouTube etc).

The 750 only has DisplayPort and HDMI (no DVI) so to run 120Hz u need to run it through the DisplayPort (as HDMI only support 60Hz at 1080p). This can be a problem if u have an nvidia card without a DP port (many GTX570s and 580s dont) as the adapters are rare and expensive.

Even more so as it seems its only dvi that can auto swap to 3d mode, and the 950 ghosts more when you have to toggle 3d mode yourself.

Poke the Samsung guys about a release date for the a750d monitors.

They are on our website for pre-order and they are due very soon, maybe today/tomorrow.

If anyone has any more questions Samsung related I can try my best to ask the reps for you to grab the answers. :)

They are on our website for pre-order and they are due very soon, maybe today/tomorrow.

If anyone has any more questions Samsung related I can try my best to ask the reps for you to grab the answers. :)

Superb, now its just if the driver or hardware bug is still present on the 750,
feels strange that the 950 ghosts more when you manually enable 3d in the menu. And the 750 lacks the workaround as it has no dvi connector.

Some more photos!

5950976112_041127dba7_b.jpg

5950989606_5433c4d107_b.jpg

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom