• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro Launched Today

Soldato
The difference between £450 and £489(minus another £50 for cod) is £100?

Must be a new type of math I'm not familiar with?

I guess in that 10 seconds of googling time you didn't factor in any time for reading the post you're replying to?

Look for a review of the cards we are actually discussing. A nitro+ 5700XT is going to average over 300w.

You guys are interesting you will come up with any nonsense to defend a price model that just rips off consumers, maybe you have vested interests or something makes no sense to me? Blind brand loyalty is never a good thing fellas.

Do you mean total system power consumption or the card on its own?

Soldato
The difference between £450 and £489(minus another £50 for cod) is £100?

Must be a new type of math I'm not familiar with?
If you're not going to bother keeping up with your own damn conversation then I can't be bothered to smack my head against the brick wall any more. Or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Associate
If you're not going to bother keeping up with your own damn conversation then I can't be bothered to smack my head against the brick wall any more. Or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Mate what are you even talking about lmao. You're trying to derail into some non issue because you have no come back.

Any 2070S is superior to every single 5700XT.

We are discussing the Nitro+ 5700XT which costs 450 I can right now go and buy a 2070S for 489 (with cod:mw promo) aka effectively the same price.

Whatever context you think you're applying is irrelevant the fact is I can get a better card for the same money, therefore the Nitro+ 5700XT is priced incorrectly.

So if you can't address the actual issue please stop trying to make it look like everyone else isn't paying attention because you cannot deal with the facts.

Soldato
"no comeback"? Really? I've had plenty of points and made counter arguments as per the nature of discussion. But these seem to be lost on you because you've taken an incredibly superficial stance and sticking your fingers in your ears when presented with anything that doesn't fit with said superficial view. So no, I'm not bothering now, I really can't be ****** any more.

But I'll throw this one out there: if the 2070S is such a superior card, why is there a 5700 XT in your sig? What made you buy the inferior product when you could have better for the same money?

Soldato
Mate what are you even talking about lmao. You're trying to derail into some non issue because you have no come back.

Any 2070S is superior to every single 5700XT.

We are discussing the Nitro+ 5700XT which costs 450 I can right now go and buy a 2070S for 489 (with cod:mw promo) aka effectively the same price.

Whatever context you think you're applying is irrelevant the fact is I can get a better card for the same money, therefore the Nitro+ 5700XT is priced incorrectly.

So if you can't address the actual issue please stop trying to make it look like everyone else isn't paying attention because you cannot deal with the facts.

Every 2070 super is superior in gpu power but not in every way. What he is trying to get through is that there is more to a card than just how fast it runs. Some people want cool quiet running cards so pay extra for a premium cooler that can achieve this. Warranty also plays a part as cheaper brands may not be up to much on the RMA side. So when you talk about the Nitro v a cheapo 2070s it's not really a full comparison to just talk about what gpu power you will be getting. The Nitro is a high end triple fan model so it's more comparable to look at the prices of high end 2070s models when comparing price. If all you want is fps then I would agree the 2070s with the free game may be the better option.

Soldato
^^ thank you.

And it's not even as if it's night-and-day difference either. Based on results from Hexus and bit-tech...
https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/134177-sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-nitro/
https://bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/graphics/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-nitro-review/1/

...the Nitro+ is is pretty much lock-step with the Inno3D Twin X2, which is a £550 card (there's your £100 difference) and Nvidia Founders. Now if we be generous and assume the £490 KFA2 performs the same, then you still have near identical performance for £40 cheaper. Now factor in power draw, cooling and fan noise...

Also, the inclusion of COD doesn't make the 2070S any cheaper, it's not like you can opt to not have the game and save £50.

Last edited:
Soldato
Every 2070 super is superior in gpu power but not in every way. What he is trying to get through is that there is more to a card than just how fast it runs. Some people want cool quiet running cards so pay extra for a premium cooler that can achieve this. Warranty also plays a part as cheaper brands may not be up to much on the RMA side. So when you talk about the Nitro v a cheapo 2070s it's not really a full comparison to just talk about what gpu power you will be getting. The Nitro is a high end triple fan model so it's more comparable to look at the prices of high end 2070s models when comparing price. If all you want is fps then I would agree the 2070s with the free game may be the better option.

Jesus are we still having to explain that primo cards aren't directy comparable to a bog standard card?

It's 2019 FFS...

Associate

Jesus are we still having to explain that primo cards aren't directy comparable to a bog standard card?

It's 2019 FFS...

Jesus, you made an assumption about 2 cards without even reading anything about them?!

^^ thank you.

And it's not even as if it's night-and-day difference either. Based on results from Hexus and bit-tech...
https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/134177-sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-nitro/
https://bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/graphics/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-nitro-review/1/

...the Nitro+ is is pretty much lock-step with the Inno3D Twin X2, which is a £550 card (there's your £100 difference) and Nvidia Founders. Now if we be generous and assume the £490 KFA2 performs the same, then you still have near identical performance for £40 cheaper. Now factor in power draw, cooling and fan noise...

Also, the inclusion of COD doesn't make the 2070S any cheaper, it's not like you can opt to not have the game and save £50.

Not comparable? Except when they are directly comparable in temps/noise/performance/price? Lol.

Zotac @ load 68 - Nitro+ @ load 65
+10% avg performance on the 2070S without any OC
Noise levels, fair enough I can't find solid numbers for the zotac other than one reviewer claiming it to be inaudible and so it's harder to compare.
450 vs 489 (with cod promo, while the inclusion doesn't give a direct discount it can be sold on, or if you actually want the game it's £50 you don't need to spend to get it)
AMD software vs Nvidia software (this one isn't worth debating we all know the answer)

I completely understand the comparisons and what goes into comparing GPUs, just unfortunately you are ignoring the numbers because the Nitro+ is a "high end" AIB, it's no where near as cut and dry as you are trying to make out I'm afraid.

I have the 5700XT yes, because at the right price point I totally agree the 5700XT is much better value.

EDIT: reviews are
https://www.kitguru.net/components/leo-waldock/sapphire-rx-5700-xt-nitro-review/12/
https://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/zotac_rtx_2070_super_twin_fan_review,6.html

Last edited:
Soldato
+10% avg performance on the 2070S without any OC
7fps, big whoop. I'd rather put £40 towards something else.

AMD software vs Nvidia software (this one isn't worth debating we all know the answer)
Yeah, AMD :p

it's no where near as cut and dry as you are trying to make out I'm afraid.
I'm sorry, it's not me who's claiming it's cut-and-dry. Your entire argument is "it doesn't matter how much engineering the Nitro+ has, a basic 2070S with crap cooler is just better end of". It is magnitudes more nuanced than that.

The Zotac Twin Fan looks to have a similar cooling setup to the Inno3D X2. Using that as a substitute then, Hexus have the Nitro+ 3 degrees cooler during gaming and 3.4 decibels quieter (37.4 vs 40.8). Whether 3db is a lot to you depends on your tolerance of noise. Without even getting into the wonderful physics of sound intensity and logarithmic scaling, 3db is double the sound energy and equates to 26% "louder". Take that as you will.

So again, as I've tried to say before, it's not as cut-and-dry as "X is 10% stronger than Y so it's automatically better", is it. If you don't care about noise and just want the FPS, then by all means pay an extra £40 for the 7fps gain you'll see with the cheap 2070 Supers, assuming you think 7fps is worth £40. But then, if you don't care about noise then is 7fps worth £100 over the reference 5700 XT? If you want that extra 7FPS AND low noise you're looking at £100 premium again to get an EVGA or Strix 2070S.

I have the 5700XT yes, because at the right price point I totally agree the 5700XT is much better value.
I refute your stance that the card is poorly priced in relation to its place in the market and its competition, because unless you want raw FPS at the expense of every other metric, the 5700 XT in all flavours at all price points is much better value than the 2070S.

You yourself have clearly considered this and bought the 5700 XT! Surely if you believed your own opinion then you would've bought the £490 2070S :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
7fps, big whoop. I'd rather put £40 towards something else.

Yeah, AMD :p

I'm sorry, it's not me who's claiming it's cut-and-dry. Your entire argument is "it doesn't matter how much engineering the Nitro+ has, a basic 2070S with crap cooler is just better end of". It is magnitudes more nuanced than that.

The Zotac Twin Fan looks to have a similar cooling setup to the Inno3D X2. Using that as a substitute then, Hexus have the Nitro+ 3 degrees cooler during gaming and 3.4 decibels quieter (37.4 vs 40.8). Whether 3db is a lot to you depends on your tolerance of noise. Without even getting into the wonderful physics of sound intensity and logarithmic scaling, 3db is double the sound energy and equates to 26% "louder". Take that as you will.

So again, as I've tried to say before, it's not as cut-and-dry as "X is 10% stronger than Y so it's automatically better", is it. If you don't care about noise and just want the FPS, then by all means pay an extra £40 for the 7fps gain you'll see with the cheap 2070 Supers, assuming you think 7fps is worth £40. But then, if you don't care about noise then is 7fps worth £100 over the reference 5700 XT? If you want that extra 7FPS AND low noise you're looking at £100 premium again to get an EVGA or Strix 2070S.

I refute your stance that the card is poorly priced in relation to its place in the market and its competition, because unless you want raw FPS at the expense of every other metric, the 5700 XT in all flavours at all price points is much better value than the 2070S.

You yourself have clearly considered this and bought the 5700 XT! Surely if you believed your own opinion then you would've bought the £490 2070S :confused:

In the sub £400 price range the 5700XT is at the right price point and is great value, mine was £370.

I agree that 7fps isn't worth £100+ premium, but its a £40 premium with a free game and very comparable temps, I can agree that noise will depend on individual tolerance sure.

To me I buy a GPU to play video games at the best settings possible for as long as possible so #1 is performance followed by #2 temps. Noise means very little to me since I play with headphones so I can't hear it regardless. Of course with the consideration of value because unfortunately I'm not rich yet :p.

If I could get a 10% increase before any OC for £40(+ a free game) with similar temps to me thats a no brainer.

Soldato
To me I buy a GPU to play video games at the best settings possible for as long as possible so #1 is performance followed by #2 temps. Noise means very little to me since I play with headphones so I can't hear it regardless. Of course with the consideration of value because unfortunately I'm not rich yet :p.
Which is an entirely sensible thought process.

If I could get a 10% increase before any OC for £40(+ a free game) with similar temps to me thats a no brainer.
But this is where the discussion drifts away from the Nitro+ specifically. You yourself do not factor noise into the equation, you're after performance then temps. To that end the Nitro+ is not a card you'd consider initially, therefore it's not a £40 premium to the 2070S, it's £100 because your starting point is (likely) the reference 5700 XT. Conversely, if noise was a consideration sufficient you were looking at the Nitro+, the £40 premium for that 10% performance gain comes with significantly more noise.

This is all a sliding scale and trade offs, and frankly a pain in the ass :p

Frankly, no 5700 XT should cost more than £300. But then again no 2070S should cost £400, let alone £500. Everything is overpriced, but in relation to each other, the 5700 XT is pretty much spot on.

Good chat!

Associate
Any news on the Sapphire Nitro 5700 XT offering its TRIXX software scaling on ultrawide resolutions?

The Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT is nearly flawless. It’s hard to envision a more complete enthusiast-class custom design than this. And with the help of some ingenious software tricks, Sapphire can even catapult the Nitro+’s performance into a whole other class, putting it toe-to-toe with Nvidia’s fearsome GeForce RTX 2080 Super and RTX 2080 Ti for hundreds of dollars less.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3438836/sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx-5700-xt-review.html

Yet this review stated widescreen wasn't supported by TRIXX (widescreen=ultrawide obviously), but otherwise the TRIXX resolution downscaling with RIS was meeting our wildest dreams for frame rate and image quality at the same time.

Caporegime
Very nice looking card as is quite often the case with Sapphire. I also like the popular Red Devil as well as the stupidly named XFX card.

Associate
Decided to ask Sapphire directly about whether 21:9 support in TRIXX Boost might be coming:

Due to currently 21:9 is not the standard resolution so there will not able to add this to the Boost resolution lists , sorry about this.

Not the greatest English I've ever heard, but doesn't sound hopeful for 3440x1440 users.

Back
Top Bottom