• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Associate
I think this might be a current known issue, see this thread here.
Thanks Matt.....that's really disappointing and I really hope they can get it sorted soon as that may end up being a deal breaker for me :/
Was hoping it would just be as simple as checking a box to give it higher priority or something like that!

Associate
Random question relating to the Starfield freebie; when do we receive the Steam (presumably Steam) download code for the game please? I know it's not out for a while, but just curious so I don't miss out when it's released.

Ta guys!

Soldato
Random question relating to the Starfield freebie; when do we receive the Steam (presumably Steam) download code for the game please? I know it's not out for a while, but just curious so I don't miss out when it's released.

Ta guys!

Yup interested in this a well.

When I got my CPU it was with a Farcry 5 deal, you had to register with this thing, which I did, it then said it would contact you later, and it never did, and I forgot. To be honest I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about that game, however I really do want to play Starfield.

Associate
Yup interested in this a well.

When I got my CPU it was with a Farcry 5 deal, you had to register with this thing, which I did, it then said it would contact you later, and it never did, and I forgot. To be honest I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about that game, however I really do want to play Starfield.
You have to redeem this via AMD rewards with your qualifying hardware plugged in and active as it does a system verify. Then it asks you to enter your steam details and redeems the code to that account.

Soldato
My experience is you get a separate email a few days after delivery is confirmed. You then use AMD rewards to redeem the code but when you do redeem it ensure you have a qualifying AMD hardware installed. Once redeemed you get the game CD code that you can sell on, or use in the relevant platform (Steam, origin etc).

If you haven’t received a reward code in a day or two give OCUK CS an email.

Soldato
Just a quick update after some more quick tinkering. I undervolted to 1050mv, set power slider to plus 15%, set max clocks to 3000 and VRAM to 2700.

This resulted in an 8% increase in the 3DMark GPU score and to be honest I could have undervolted further to find the limits. Though because this is not my PC I reset to defaults, then a simple auto undervolt which set 1075mv. I will leave it at that and be happy because it’s plenty fast at these settings.

Associate
When I ordered a CPU from a competitor, the code arrived the day after, then the CPU arrived the day after that. So I'm not sure what the hold up is for these codes at OCUK :p

Associate
When I ordered a CPU from a competitor, the code arrived the day after, then the CPU arrived the day after that. So I'm not sure what the hold up is for these codes at OCUK :p
Starfield isn't out until September 6th, you've got a little bit of time to play with here.

Soldato
FYI everyone asking about the Starfield code; AMD aren’t issuing them until nearer release date. At the moment you’re just creating an AMD Rewards account, running the verification tool, and redeeming the code from the retailer.

Nothing to do with Steam yet.

Soldato
Reckon there is something wrong with mine, put it in and while screen artifacted.

Restarted pc, artifact gone, thought wired. Tried to fire up a game, it works but runs like absolutely terrible, input lag etc.

Exit game, artifact back.

Any ideas or does this need to go back?

IMG-20230726-172457.jpg

IMG-20230726-172504.jpg

Soldato
Reckon there is something wrong with mine, put it in and while screen artifacted.

Restarted pc, artifact gone, thought wired. Tried to fire up a game, it works but runs like absolutely terrible, input lag etc.

Exit game, artifact back.

Any ideas or does this need to go back?

IMG-20230726-172457.jpg

IMG-20230726-172504.jpg
Usually would say your vram is screwed. But that could be something entirely different. Perfectly columned, weird.

Soldato
Ran DDU, removed the old 2070S, installed new 7900XT, installed AMD drivers. Everything runs smoothly, 3Dmark performance is slightly more than double that of the 2070S, so a decent (albeit slightly more expensive than intended) upgrade.

Thanks for the fast service as usual OcUK!

Back
Top Bottom