• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Associate
Bit the bullet and ordered the 7900XT to replace my 2070S. Was initially set on waiting for 4070 to drop in price, but given this is comparable performance to a 4070Ti for less money AND given it's got a much bigger frame buffer it'll hopefully serve me well for a few years at 1440P.

Solid choice, I hope you enjoy it.

Soldato
**** it, caved.

Ordered the Pulse 7900xt, god forgive me.

I'm pretty keen to play Starfield so the bundle was an influencing factor for me as I would have bought that game anyway, so it's effectively knocking what, £50 off, which takes it to £650 which is just over what I got my 3070 for at the height of the mining thing.

I'll donate my 3070 to my mate who's had a rough time in life recently, we've been friends for 25 years, so hopefully cheer him up a bit.
Hows it going buddy, havent see ya in 30 years, times been hard on me, can i have 3070 :D

Soldato
Hows it going buddy, havent see ya in 30 years, times been hard on me, can i have 3070 :D

Haha nice try.

Nah last year his wife got fibromyalgia, and mentally affected her pretty bad, she left him, they got 4 kids, oldest of which lives with him now and is a bit of a toe rag, been in trouble with the police and hanging around with gangs etc, so he's got that to deal with.

His other kids oddly are the opposite and do really well in school etc, go figure....

He's currently got a 1060 but I think he's trying to save up for a whole build and he's on a 10 year old rig I think, GPUs being expensive hopefully it will go some way towards his build.

Technically I suppose I better get OCUKs permission because the terms of the members only deal was only to be used by yourself and not for friends/family etc, I'm sure they won't mind.

Soldato
Temptation and my impulsive nature resulted in me ordering a 7900XT, early birthday present for next month, figured by selling my old gpu 5700XT and getting Starfield for free I've basically got a 7900XT for what I probably would have paid for a 7800 in a few months.

Judging by a recent HWUB video comparing the 4060 8GB with the 16GB the additional vram on the 7900XT will come in very handy.

Associate
Temptation and my impulsive nature resulted in me ordering a 7900XT, early birthday present for next month, figured by selling my old gpu 5700XT and getting Starfield for free I've basically got a 7900XT for what I probably would have paid for a 7800 in a few months.

Judging by a recent HWUB video comparing the 4060 8GB with the 16GB the additional vram on the 7900XT will come in very handy.
I think given there is a significant gap between this gen and next in terms of time- getting a 7900xt might be the wisest move in the long run.

Soldato
I think given there is a significant gap between this gen and next in terms of time- getting a 7900xt might be the wisest move in the long run.

Yeah I wanted to upgrade this gen as my 5700XT has been having a hard time driving my 21:9 ultrawide (3440x1440), initially planned on a 7700 or 7800 depending on the price but as they won't be available until September, figured what the hell, of course if AMD announce a price drop next week I'll be a bit ticked off :)

Soldato
Yeah I wanted to upgrade this gen as my 5700XT has been having a hard time driving my 21:9 ultrawide (3440x1440), initially planned on a 7700 or 7800 depending on the price but as they won't be available until September, figured what the hell, of course if AMD announce a price drop next week I'll be a bit ticked off :)

I think it offers the best high (ish) end bang for buck at the moment. The market is horrendous but the way things are going I cannot see things significantly improving anytime soon, yes I reckon towards the end of the year you'll be able to get one cheaper, but not much.

Soldato
How much more of a GPU is the xtx now though - have the driver upgrades since release favoured it it not?

It’s undoubtedly a better GPU than the XT but not for £200 extra. The 7900XT is a very capable GPU at this price and the Pulse will overclock to 4080 speeds as it can give an extra 10% - 12% performance with some OC and undervolt.

Before someone says the 4080 overclocks as well, you can get maybe half the OC a 7900XT gives if lucky. I have a 4080 FE and decided overclocking for max 5% was pointless.

Last edited:
Associate
It’s undoubtedly a better GPU than the XT but not for £200 extra. The 7900XT is a very capable GPU at this price and the Pulse will overclock to 4080 speeds as it can give an extra 10% - 12% performance with some OC and undervolt.

Before someone says the 4080 overclocks as well, you can get maybe half the OC a 7900XT gives if lucky. I have a 4080 FE and decided overclocking for max 5% was pointless.

How well does the XTX clock and undervolt?

Soldato
It’s going to be the usual silicone lottery but the 7900 XT and XTX has at best about 10% - 12% OC overhead. Though this is not guaranteed.

I won’t OC for 5% but 10% starts to make sense. I am far more likely to undervolt for reduced thermals only

Associate
It’s going to be the usual silicone lottery but the 7900 XT and XTX has at best about 10% - 12% OC overhead. Though this is not guaranteed.

I won’t OC for 5% but 10% starts to make sense. I am far more likely to undervolt for reduced thermals only

Yeah heat is a concern, do they UV well too?

Back
Top Bottom