• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
The 5700XT is very similar performance to 2070 super (which is what I upgraded from). The 7900XT is more than twice as powerful/fast.
Problem is once I start its like my 3900x will bottleneck it 20% so will need upgrading to a 5800x3d thats another 320 so it would be 1k think the misses would stab me

Last edited:
Associate
Great upgrade. What CPU are you using?
An old 6800K @4 Ghz.

I thought this would be a problem but at 4k I am getting 99-100% gpu usage so not really seeing too much CPU limitation.

Cyberpunk drops a bit at 97ish in crowded areas. Going to try flight sim later.....

Only new game i have is Resident Evil 4. But that runs great, 4k max,80fps.Starfield will be interesting tho....

Going forward I know that newer games with RT it will struggle a bit more so will be looking into a new CPU and base unit around next year.

Last edited:
Associate
An old 6800K @4 Ghz.

I thought this would be a problem but at 4k I am getting 99-100% gpu usage so not really seeing too much CPU limitation.

Cyberpunk drops a bit at 97ish in crowded areas. Going to try flight sim later.....

Only new game i have is Resident Evil 4. But that runs great, 4k max,80fps.Starfield will be interesting tho....

Going forward through I know newer games with RT will struggle a bit more so will be looking into a new CPU and base unit around next year.

At 4k the strain is on the GPU much more than the CPU.

Soldato
Selling on here is fine, in the 10+ years i've sold on here i've never had an issue.

The MM is decent for plenty of reasons but looking at the new 6700 XT is £300 with Starfield, I would need to sell my 6700 XT Fighter for sub £200 as it has no warranty.

At that price I may as well keep it as a backup.

Associate
In order for there to be a major shift in perception it takes time and patience. When Nvidia were getting all the well deserved negativity for the obivous BS with the 4080 12GB and the 4080 pricing, it was not just the usual anti Nvidia suspects giving off. It was some of the most pro Nvidia sites and even fans here on OCUK who were openly ciritcal and still are.

AMD simply had to not take the total pee to gain a notable increase in brand recognition and gain deserved praise. Instead they managed to shoot themselves in the foot just before kicking the ball at the open goal and to make matters worse they shot the ball just as it was about to cross the line.

AMD obvioulsy renamed 7800 XT to 7900 XT and the 7900 XT renamed to XTX. Yay we are still cheaper than Nvidia but let's ignore the fact we are considerably slower in RT, so that £200 saving on a £1000 GPU is actually very very meh. They added insult to injury by pricing the obvious 6800 XT replacement at £900 which was just a joke and only intended to make people think the £1000 XTX was a "bargain".

Release the 7900 XT as the intended 7800 XT at £700
Release the 7900 XTX as the 7900 XT at the current £900 mark.

Both GPU are priced there now, (so the BOM is clearly not a factor) but it is 7 months too late.
Yep, released at those prices I'd have one in my PC, only problem I would have had was deciding which one, probably the 7900XT as I am on 1440p.

Alas, they took the **** as always, moved GPUs up a tier in name to be greedy and charge more $$$, missed performance targets and lied on stage about them shortly before release, managed to shoot themselves in both feet and miss an empty goal which Nvidia kindly left for them..

All of the above culminating in me still needing a new GPU, but now I will just skip this gen and wait for 5000 series probably, this coming from someone who last had an AMD GPU 15 years ago.

They really have no clue how to, or interest in gaining new customers.

/shrug

Last edited:
Associate
I tend to sell my cards before the warranty runs out, so no need of a backup. Plus I can use the onboard graphics on the CPU, just to tide me over

Associate
The 7900GRE looks to be about the performance you were after, for around £600 that would be a palatable replacement for the 6800XT.
Not worth it mate, look online the maths has been done, its perhaps 10-13% faster, with the same VRAM, thats a terrible upgrade. The 7900 GRE should be a £500 card max...

Associate
Never been a big fan of selling always think ill get ripped of saying they don't work when they do ect
Yep, fleebay is a massive con, I have had buyers take stuff apart, I am talking perfect condition, strong and tough metal casing, with like 10 small deep screws holding it together, all perfectly packed and double boxed, then to have pictures sent back from buyer to say it arrived in pieces and they want a "discount", and I am like, so I assume the box arrived in tatters and destroyed and not sealed, they are like nah all was fine, but the contents inside was ruined. Fleebay sides with the buyer even though I had pictures of the item and box being perfect before sending. Its a scam and only ever worth it as a buyer. What a ball ache it is coming away from that just trying to come out even, they want you to pay for them to ship the item back to you and have to fully refund, only to have a broken item returned they took apart....

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not worth it mate, look online the maths has been done, its perhaps 10-13% faster, with the same VRAM, thats a terrible upgrade. The 7900 GRE should be a £500 card max...

Only going by the mentioned msrps available. I know 600 is terrible. But lets face it, for the time being the 7900XT is £730ish, and the $ articles state $649, cant see a brand new product starting at £500 for a while..

Back
Top Bottom