• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Soooo... I was finally charged Thursday (August 11) after ordering July 26, but have yet to ever receive an order confirmation email from Overclockers.co.uk . Is this standard practice from them? I sent a webnote Friday night after it had been >36 since being charged, and was told that I should expect a shipping confirmation some time Saturday. Now, the Saturday work day has also passed and I have still never received any information from OCUK. If there's still no update by the end of Monday I am not too sure what to do..

Associate
As i mentioned earlier in the thread i've got a Nitro+ on RMA ATM but i want to switch to a Red Devil; is that possible?

Associate
I believe anything is possible just ask the ocuk cS in sure they will change it up for you, but you would have to fork out the extra (if there is any)

Sweet, obviously don't mind paying the extra. I'll phone em up in the next couple of days. May even order a 2nd one for crossfire.

Associate
Not sure about changing orders with Amazon, I didn't bother pre-ordering myself because I'd seen all the fuss in this thread before deciding it was time to buy a new GPU.

Here's the stripdown of the Nitro: OverClockers Club

versus the XFX GTR: Overclock3D

Whether it's worth the extra £15 is debatable. 480s just run hot it seems, and even my card gets a thrum on when I'm playing Doom.

Not sure if it makes sense to spend more on a lower clocked card, unless the stated clock speeds on the OCUK listing are wrong.At least it is another option for some people.

Associate
Im tempted to just get a 470 instead as Im only 1080p gaming anyway so it will quench my needs for the next 2yrs. Ive looked everywhere and i cant see a comparison between the 480 4gb and the 470 8gb how would they compare? The prices of both cards really dont make sense, but the 470 8gb is right in my budget range.

Associate
I could understand if the cooler was better (Powercolor devil, Asus strix etc.) or if it had significantly higher clock speed, but it's no different to any of the other 2 fan 480's!

The MSI cooler is meant to be as good as the Devil and XFX to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom