• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
To those who have received their cards today, enjoy! Luckily, I got mine (4GB) on Saturday morning and was able to enjoy a whole weekend of gaming and bench marking :D

Can those LED lights on the card be controlled or turned off without pressing the button on the card?

Associate
To those who have received their cards today, enjoy! Luckily, I got mine (4GB) on Saturday morning and was able to enjoy a whole weekend of gaming and bench marking :D

Can those LED lights on the card be controlled or turned off without pressing the button on the card?

Without the (very absent) trixx 3.0 software; no.

Associate
I thought i had cancelled both my preorders for the 480 but one turned up today so decided to use it for my sons PC.(previously a GTX 660) I may have a faulty card.Boots to windows but unable to play any games, Doom has "FATAL ERROR: wglChoosePixelFormatARB not available".Alien isolation keeps freezing and Counterstrike says hardware missing message and does not play as the other 5 games also say similar message,have checked all cables and reinstalled twice.Just not being recognised by windows 10 at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
My 3 have arrived, got one installed so far, will do the others later and let the kids play test them - they'll soon let me know if there is any problems with the card.

Caporegime
Haha, mine is like that too :)

Sadly I got no sleep last night, so I'm not about to start disassembling my old PC until tomorrow. Got to move it to a new case, and that means taking the CPU cooler off as well.

I just know if I try it in my current sleep-deprived state I will regret it :p

Associate
With 8gb ram, i5 750 at 3.6ghz and upgraded from sapphire 270x 2gb to sapphire 480 4gb

Firestrike: 5,547 > ~9,500
Time Spy: 1,673 > 3,534

Not even looking overclocking it yet, but I'm very happy with that performance increase :D

Ordered a 4gb version but waiting for new stock. Are these still coming 8gb ram with the 4gb bios?

Fairly sure they're producing actual 4gb cards now that production is getting into full swing.

Associate
With 8gb ram, i5 750 at 3.6ghz and upgraded from sapphire 270x 2gb to sapphire 480 4gb

Firestrike: 5,547 > ~9,500
Time Spy: 1,673 > 3,534

Not even looking overclocking it yet, but I'm very happy with that performance increase :D

Fairly sure they're producing actual 4gb cards now that production is getting into full swing.
What is ur mobo ?

Back
Top Bottom