• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Caporegime
Its not an upgrade for 290X owners, its for those on cards lower than the 290s, the 290 and up owners upgrade, is either Vega, which is sometime next year, or Nvidias 1070/80 and up now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, the 290X is a much better card than the RX480.

The RX480 should be seen as a low/mid range card.

On DX11 there's hardly anything in it and in DX12 the 480 gets a few more frames. The 480 of course has the benefit of driver improvments, so will continue to improve. It's certainly not worth upgrading to from a 290x though, however, if the 290x dies and you have to buy a card now, it wouldn't be a downgrade.

Soldato
Nope, the 290X is a much better card than the RX480.

The RX480 should be seen as a low/mid range card.

Yeah AMD are just a joke now I've owned only AMD cards since I started PC gaming in 2012 but have ordered a GTX 1070. I was waiting for Vega but as that is in 2017 what is the point?

Associate
Not sure if it makes sense to spend more on a lower clocked card, unless the stated clock speeds on the OCUK listing are wrong.At least it is another option for some people.

There's two versions of the XFX card and the more expensive Black Edition is 1338Mhz to the Sapphire OC Nitro's 1342mhz, which is like 0.3% slower and easily fixed.

Associate
Card should hopefully be with me within the hour. Delivery time is 13:39 - 14:39.. DPD are usually pretty good at delivering just after the 1hr window opens.

Associate
My NITRO 4 GB is happily glowing in my rig (from the LEDs, not an extreme OC).

Despite the AMD clean, DDU, 16.8.2 driver install process I'm getting the dreaded 100% load bug, but will go through that process again and maybe install 16.7.2 instead and hope for the best.

Associate
Trixx? Have they released 3.0 then?

Don't think the older version supports the 480.

Nope, if you try and use the current version it just shows you blank dials and greyed out sliders. The only on that isn't greyed out is power.
Temp, clock speed etc. Just show as being blank.

Back
Top Bottom