• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Looks like the HIS card (RX 480 IceQ X2 Roaring Turbo) overclocks pretty well, good tmps but a little noisey in Videocardz review. It does get their best ever score of any of their GPU reviews
http://videocardz.com/review/his-radeon-rx-480-iceq-x2-roaring-turbo-8gb-review
Also some tips on how to overclock with trixx 3.0

im gonna try ocing the rx 480 nitro+ OC tonight - any tips in using trixx 3 for this card?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Looks like the HIS card (RX 480 IceQ X2 Roaring Turbo) overclocks pretty well, good tmps but a little noisey in Videocardz review. It does get their best ever score of any of their GPU reviews
http://videocardz.com/review/his-radeon-rx-480-iceq-x2-roaring-turbo-8gb-review
Also some tips on how to overclock with trixx 3.0

im gonna try ocing the rx 480 nitro+ OC tonight - any tips in using trixx 3 for this card?

The HIS 480's are in the way to OcUK as we speak, should arrive next week. :)

Associate
Associate
I was trying to find some reviews of this online but there don't seem to be any. There's a few YT vids on it but nothing really in depth. Would love to know the temps, overclockability and noise of that XFX.

Just found a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvwBEfD4NzY#t=7m7s

Seems quite positive. Runs cooler than the Red Devil whilst having a higher clock speed and lower voltage. Tests were done with fan @ 100% though, so not exactly a real-world test.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been doing a bit of OCing in Trix and it seems if I hit the power to 50% and add in an additional 75mV to the GPU I can stick at 1370Mhz. If I lower it to 50mV, it's steady as a rock.

Temps are all stable @72 under load (100% Fan speed).

I've I got some sort of MB issue where it can't supply the card with enough Juice?

Associate
Hello fellow RX 480'S. I recently got my Nitro+ OC 8GB card this Tuesday. I'm absolutely overjoyed with the performance. I however have run into what seems to be a problem where when I play games like The Witcher 3 and Deus Ex on high settings there seems to be a pitched noise coming from the card. Is there a way of getting rid of this? Or could there be a issue with the card? Grateful for any help/advice. I did post earlier, but I received only one reply.

Thanks

Associate
Hello fellow RX 480'S. I recently got my Nitro+ OC 8GB card this Tuesday. I'm absolutely overjoyed with the performance. I however have run into what seems to be a problem where when I play games like The Witcher 3 and Deus Ex on high settings there seems to be a pitched noise coming from the card. Is there a way of getting rid of this? Or could there be a issue with the card? Grateful for any help/advice. I did post earlier, but I received only one reply.

Thanks

Sounds like coil whine, sometimes it can go away and other time it doesn't. I think some retailers let you RMA it. I'm not too knowledgeable on the topic, but I am sure others in this thread will help.

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I've been doing a bit of OCing in Trix and it seems if I hit the power to 50% and add in an additional 75mV to the GPU I can stick at 1370Mhz. If I lower it to 50mV, it's steady as a rock.

Temps are all stable @72 under load (100% Fan speed).

I've I got some sort of MB issue where it can't supply the card with enough Juice?

I had a go last night and managed a 1400/2200 with +100mV. Not benched it but I played a couple of games for 2-3 hours without issue.

Temp was maxing out at 71 degrees but the fan was only at 60%. Idle remained at 28 degrees with the fan at 33%. Not too bad I thought. No idea what the safe max +mV is though which has stopped me pushing it any harder for now.

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Thanks

Are you using Vsync? I'm currently gaming on a 1080p TV @ 60Hz so I've been using it and not had the problem. Without Vsync I found the card considerably noisier though.

Associate
I had a go last night and managed a 1400/2200 with +100mV. Not benched it but I played a couple of games for 2-3 hours without issue.

Temp was maxing out at 71 degrees but the fan was only at 60%. Idle remained at 28 degrees with the fan at 33%. Not too bad I thought. No idea what the safe max +mV is though which has stopped me pushing it any harder for now.

Yes, I can reach that myself but the score in firestrike is lower than if I set it to 1370/2200 with no volt increase. If I increase the voltage to 100 while @ 1370/2200 then my score is lower.

In the graphs, the GPU is not rock solid at the stated speed. It's like it can only boost to it.

Associate

Thanks

Yeah my first one had coil while. If it bothers you it can be returned but it can also go away with time.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Yes, I can reach that myself but the score in firestrike is lower than if I set it to 1370/2200 with no volt increase. If I increase the voltage to 100 while @ 1370/2200 then my score is lower.

In the graphs, the GPU is not rock solid at the stated speed. It's like it can only boost to it.

Interesting. Clock rate was stable as a rock for me at 1400Mhz.

Not sure it needs +100mV for 1370Mhz, default is 1362Mhz on my card with default voltages.

Back
Top Bottom