• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Been playing with the latest version of trixx and so far managed 1400 /2100 with +100mv on the core.

Cant get any more on the memory at its stock voltage but can't find anywhere to increase the memory voltage in order to try reach 2250, any ideas? Am I being blind?! lol

Associate
I'm still getting weird mouse cursors... here's a picture

Running dual screen, both same resolution, one on HDMI and other DVI. Drivers all up to date. Can happen when playing a game, or just browsing the internet, sometimes only happens to one screen or both. Putting it on sleep when it is like this, then waking it up resolves it, but then it can go back anytime.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still getting weird mouse cursors... here's a picture

Running dual screen, both same resolution, one on HDMI and other DVI. Drivers all up to date. Can happen when playing a game, or just browsing the internet, sometimes only happens to one screen or both. Putting it on sleep when it is like this, then waking it up resolves it, but then it can go back anytime.

Anyone else?

yep. i can reproduce this quite easily when using chrome. using maps or a flash based website (unfortunately they still exist......) will almost always cause it.

Soldato
yep. i can reproduce this quite easily when using chrome. using maps or a flash based website (unfortunately they still exist......) will almost always cause it.

AMD has had cursor bugs like this for many years. You can fix it by rapidly moving the mouse left to right for 5-6 seconds, quite odd but it works for some reason.

Associate
Speaking to one of the OCUK staff on the phone about my order (including an RX 480 listed on the site as pre-order), some of the RX480s have low stock/sell fast and are thus listed as pre-order, when really a bunch of them have already been sent to folks who've received them by now. So keep that in mind when buying RX480s listed as pre-order, it might arrive sooner than you think. I've been told the particular one I've ordered will have new stock in fairly soon... (i.e. I'm not disclosing the exact date they are expected to land)

Edit:
Any RX 480 owners use a 2k monitor? If so how are you finding it ?

2k resolution is roughly 1080p (just less horizontal pixels, Google it)... I think you meant to say 1440p. Certain games can run well on 1440p. I currently run MGS5 in 1440p and did run Planetside 2 in 1440p. Unfortunately the performance of that game is a rollercoaster with every patch, sometimes it's great and other times it's bad. I've also heard a 970 owner getting smooth 1440p on Halo 5 Forge which is a DX12 game, so expect an RX480 to be able to run that one even better at 1440p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Certain games can run well on 1440p. I currently run MGS5 in 1440p and did run Planetside 2 in 1440p. Unfortunately the performance of that game is a rollercoaster with every patch, sometimes it's great and other times it's bad. I've also heard a 970 owner getting smooth 1440p on Halo 5 Forge which is a DX12 game, so expect an RX480 to be able to run that one even better at 1440p.

I was getting very good framerates in Fallout 4 better than the Fury infact! AMDmatt said they have some extra stuff the Fury lacks that lets them perform better under those conditions. Freesync didn't hurt either.

Soldato

I ran both DX11/12 with my sig setup and was averaging 90+ fps maxed out 1080p. DX12 gave me some lagspikes though similar fps as DX11.

I think his RAM is holding him back in that video or maybe my 6700K (4.5Ghz for BF1) is just a beast in BF1.

Im basically saying the 480 can be better than this, and i only have the 4GB version Nitro+ (and VRAM averaged 3.4GB) :)

Soldato
2k resolution is roughly 1080p (just less horizontal pixels, Google it)... I think you meant to say 1440p. Certain games can run well on 1440p. I currently run MGS5 in 1440p and did run Planetside 2 in 1440p. Unfortunately the performance of that game is a rollercoaster with every patch, sometimes it's great and other times it's bad. I've also heard a 970 owner getting smooth 1440p on Halo 5 Forge which is a DX12 game, so expect an RX480 to be able to run that one even better at 1440p.

Thank you for the reply I meant to say 1440p I am planning on getting RX480 then buying Dell UltraSharp U2515H (1440P) for web design, I was wondering how games run with that resolution.

Caporegime
MSI Releases Armor Series Radeon RX 480

600.png

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/msi_releases_armor_series_radeon_rx_480.html

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-480-ARMOR-8G-OC.html#hero-overview

Last edited:
Associate
I got the 4gb version at the weekend from ocuk .

First thing I noticed when I unpacked it was the build quality , it's great!

Does anyone know if I need to register the product with sapphire in order to comply with the 3 year warranty ?

Back
Top Bottom