• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm very tempted but will wait to see what the OC potential is for the card and what other AIB's bring. Any chance of an early review?

Will see what I can do, but I have said it before I am very sceptical on improved power and phase doing much for OC, but I do know the reference cards were a little handicapped on OC potential.

I think the realistic targets are circa 1400MHz core, I do not forsee any cards getting close to 1500 let alone 1600 on air or even water. But I would like to be proven wrong of course, but I think 1400MHz area is more realistic on AIB cards once overclocked. :)

Associate
Nice card, will most likely be ordering one in two weeks if my 980Ti RMA fails.

Would have to agree with guestimate of 23-24cm long.

Soldato
Looks a helluva lot better than it did, looks a cracker :)

Every so often its nice to agree with your opinion :)

------------------------------------

Great work Gibbo, I want to pre-order but ALSO will not order until I see a review.
Hoping TTL @ OC3D or others have access to reviews prior to release, please make it so.

This is nice and also good size for medium size cases unlike some upcoming triple fan solutions which may bring little added benefits.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why were they so against the 4GB? Will this hold back game development? Just can't see why they would turn down free money.

The first batch of cards were 8gb flashed to 4gb so getting in the chips for a production to make a propper 4gb card would involve new stock.

Soldato
Why were they so against the 4GB? Will this hold back game development? Just can't see why they would turn down free money.

The story I read was to minimise time they only certified one card, the 8GB one, and used a different bios on it to only use 4GB. They also said that they wouldn't guarantee 4Gb models flashed to the 8GB bios.

I think they are missing a beat as the 4GB card hits the £200 price point, but we most likely see AIB's fill the hole soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom