• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

my Haribo has arrived.
and someone has packed a GFX card in the box as well.
shame got to wait till this evening before i can do anything with it.

after all the waiting for the card, disappointed to only receive 1 packet of haribo though :(

Come on chaps (that have taken delivery)
Lets seem some pics, benchmarks, noise levels feedback , how you feel about the card.

Sorry got to wait till this evening i'm at work and then got to wait till my 5yo is in bed because he tends to start poking at things when my computer is opened!

Can confirm it comes in a nice (and quite small) box though

Giz

Agreed I think I have to say this Nitro is the best looking card of all time, when I got my sample I was impressed by how clean and high-end it looks, then I held it and it also feels solid as well.

Sapphire have nailed it, the sales show this as RX 480 Nitro 8G OC is our best selling card of all time for the time window it has being online, if the sales remain it will outsell our best selling SKU of all time which was the MSI 970 Gaming which sold close to 10,000 units in the 2 years it was available.

The Sapphire has a cracking start as it is already beyond 1000 units and sales momentum in last 48hrs is actually increasing because several reviews have being published that are all raving about how amazing it is.

So we are pushing to get this card to sell 10,000+ units within year 1. :)

Wow nice! So AMD could well have the best selling GPU of all time on their hands right here! incredible stuff really...

If only it provided a bigger boost than my 290 i would buy one in a heartbeat, however should AMD release Vega and Sapphire do a Nitro edition i will be all over that badboy! Beautiful looking card.

OK, done some testing got to know my card a bit.
My old card was a windforce (3 fan) 760 so I'll be comparing against that.
This is my first time using an AMD card too.

First off, build quality is amazing and the LEDs are really nice. (How do I configure them?)
I have a 144Hz monitor which needs DVI hence my choice of card. I install the necessary drivers and reboot. Adjust resolution and make sure refresh rate is set to 144Hz. And then my screen flashed with gray and black lines for a split second.
I was excited and so didn't uninstall my Nvidia drivers so I use DDU to wipe everything and reinstall AMD drivers. Screen still flashes :/
Quick google later I find "Reduce DVI frequency on high res displays" and "Alternate DVI operational mode" which promise to help against distortion etc and turn them both on. Whilst this seems to have greatly reduced the occurrence of the flashing it does still happen randomly and rarely.

Before I get to performance I'd like to talk about noise, my 760 was pretty quiet normally but pretty obnoxious if I left my case cover on (fractal core 500) for an extended time whilst gaming. The Nitro is silent at idle due to the fans stopping with an idle temp of about 41°C from boot. During my benchmarking WattMan said the fans got up to around 2200 RPM which was loud and a temp of 70°C. The fans stop once the card gets to 47°C.

Now for performance numbers. Only tested two benchmarks ATM.

Unigene Heaven- Extreme with 1080p fullscreen = Score 1371

Firestrike: Graphics score 13,467
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13674134?

First off, build quality is amazing and the LEDs are really nice. (How do I configure them?)
I have a 144Hz monitor which needs DVI hence my choice of card. I install the necessary drivers and reboot. Adjust resolution and make sure refresh rate is set to 144Hz. And then my screen flashed with gray and black lines for a split second.
I was excited and so didn't uninstall my Nvidia drivers so I use DDU to wipe everything and reinstall AMD drivers. Screen still flashes :/
Quick google later I find "Reduce DVI frequency on high res displays" and "Alternate DVI operational mode" which promise to help against distortion etc and turn them both on. Whilst this seems to have greatly reduced the occurrence of the flashing it does still happen randomly and rarely.

Before I get to performance I'd like to talk about noise, my 760 was pretty quiet normally but pretty obnoxious if I left my case cover on (fractal core 500) for an extended time whilst gaming. The Nitro is silent at idle due to the fans stopping with an idle temp of about 41°C from boot. During my benchmarking WattMan said the fans got up to around 2200 RPM which was loud and a temp of 70°C. The fans stop once the card gets to 47°C.

Can you check clock speed in gpu-z while gaming.? If its fluctuating or lock at max boost clock.?
Thanks.

The LEDs are configurable from Sapphire's custom software called trixx. But it's not out yet, I asked about it on twitter and one of the reps liked my tweet but didn't actually reply. Not exactly helpful but it shouldn't be too far away considering the card is on the streets now

I thought the card also had a physical button on it to cycle colours / turn it off? Not as convenient as a piece of software but can then be set to your preferred colour and left alone. Or has the button been removed from the final retail model?

Back
Top Bottom