• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Caporegime
...they didn't show the back in the original silver pic. The back is what everyone loves.

I'll keep repeating this next time someone recycles this witty observation.

In all my time here, the front of the card has always dictated the looks of the card, the back is either "it's okay" or "it's boring". I've never previously seen someone say I'm buying it because the back of the card looks great or bad, yet I've seen 1000s of posts about how the front of a card looks great or ugly.

I've also not seen anyone else on here say "hate the front, love the back". They've all said, the front looks way better painted, nothing more or less.

People hated the card, the front still looks meh, the back looks meh, I've never understood why people care what their cards look like in the first place. Even those who think a big case with windows and neat cabling, even they spend all of 0.000002% of the year looking actually into their case rather than looking at their monitor or being no where near their computer.

I decided against the Nitro not because of it's aesthetics but because from the limited pictures we have it looks to have a 'meh' cooler, the only thing that really matters on a custom card.

Soldato
It is odd because the 'front' of the card is actually facing downwards in the case, so if your windowed pc is at floor level it would be the back (top) you would see not the front (bottom).

Maybe then the side edge is the most critical element of the aesthetics.

Associate
Its all gone very quiet. Only a week to go until eta for stock and still no confirmed clock speeds or dimensions of the product. I want to order but need to make sure it fits in my small case and I would like to know the specs of it.

Soldato
Its all gone very quiet. Only a week to go until eta for stock and still no confirmed clock speeds or dimensions of the product. I want to order but need to make sure it fits in my small case and I would like to know the specs of it.

Personally im disheartened with the whole thing now. If they could keep up the momentum from this launch and have some actual stock, specs and benchmark i would have bought something by now. As it is i refuse to buy when there is so much uncertainty so ill wait till things settle. At this rate that looks like months.

Associate
Personally im disheartened with the whole thing now. If they could keep up the momentum from this launch and have some actual stock, specs and benchmark i would have bought something by now. As it is i refuse to buy when there is so much uncertainty so ill wait till things settle. At this rate that looks like months.

Its a shame as the 1060 custom cards look like they are ready to go despite the card only being announced about a week ago. If the 1060 cards are near enough the same performance as the 480 ones and a similar price then people may give up waiting and buy one. At this price/performance level a lot of users only need 60fps at 1080p and if a 1060 can do that then they will sell.

Caporegime
Its a shame as the 1060 custom cards look like they are ready to go despite the card only being announced about a week ago. If the 1060 cards are near enough the same performance as the 480 ones and a similar price then people may give up waiting and buy one. At this price/performance level a lot of users only need 60fps at 1080p and if a 1060 can do that then they will sell.

Based on what do they look ready to go? Those who have announced custom cards don't list them on their websites, haven't announced in most cases clock speeds, haven't announced dates for availability and there has been no benchmarking of reference 1060s let along custom ones.

I've seen this on multiple forums, with less information, no cards, no reference and no reviews of 1060, people, often with low post counts, going into RX480 threads and saying there is more information and they look more ready to be launched.

There is dramatically less information on the 1060 and their custom cards, 1080/1070 had horrific stock problems and still does almost two months later, the 1060 without dates or specific information, no reviews, you state look like they are ready to go? Again I'll say based on what?

Associate
Based on what do they look ready to go? Those who have announced custom cards don't list them on their websites, haven't announced in most cases clock speeds, haven't announced dates for availability and there has been no benchmarking of reference 1060s let along custom ones.

I've seen this on multiple forums, with less information, no cards, no reference and no reviews of 1060, people, often with low post counts, going into RX480 threads and saying there is more information and they look more ready to be launched.

There is dramatically less information on the 1060 and their custom cards, 1080/1070 had horrific stock problems and still does almost two months later, the 1060 without dates or specific information, no reviews, you state look like they are ready to go? Again I'll say based on what?

Just based on the fact that many custom 1060s have been announced, some even have clock speeds confirmed and we are only one week after the launch. The leaked nvidia review guide says it will be a hard launch with stock available on the 19th July including custom cards.

With the rx 480 custom cards nobody can even tell me even basic info let alone clock speeds with a rough date of July 22nd and thats after nearly 3 weeks since the RX 480 launch.

AMD partners should have had a head start but seem to be throwing it away with 1060s looking to be released before any custom 480.

Soldato
Just based on the fact that many custom 1060s have been announced, some even have clock speeds confirmed and we are only one week after the launch. The leaked nvidia review guide says it will be a hard launch with stock available on the 19th July including custom cards.

With the rx 480 custom cards nobody can even tell me even basic info let alone clock speeds with a rough date of July 22nd and thats after nearly 3 weeks since the RX 480 launch.

AMD partners should have had a head start but seem to be throwing it away with 1060s looking to be released before any custom 480.

It seems rather obvious that Nvida are keen to disrupt the RX480 release. On the other hand I fully expect we will get the RX480 AIB info around the 19th to likewise let AMD poke the finger back in Nvidia's eye for their 1060 release.

Lots of expectations for both...

Associate
MXAuIga.gif

Back
Top Bottom