Satisfactory Alpha release

• Thread starter Thread starter wnb
  • Start date Start date
i didn tthink they were going to automate biomass, as they wanted to force people to move on to coal quickly
That was definitely the reason they gave as I remember it, but they do have history of making changes if it suits, not complaining about conveyor fed biomass burners at all :)

It doesn't need to be a grind, just remember to hold 'e' down when running around and you can pick up a massive amount in not much time at all. It used to be awful before they allowed the key hold.
Yeah, I've just been grabbing loadaa leaves and wood, seems to run it for a while at the moment. Though my demand isn't huge

i didn tthink they were going to automate biomass, as they wanted to force people to move on to coal quickly

It was announced in this video, ironically entitled "Things Not Being Added" - right at the end (at 13:52), they teased something that IS being added - belt fed biomass burners. You are still going to have to rush round picking it up though!

ah thanks, to be fair i stopped watching the updates after 0.8 or 0.7 so i have a almost fresh play through to do.
they were pretty adamant they didbt want it for so long.
im kinda 50/50 hoping they make it a research item. aka unlock biomass burner, unlock biomas inserter/dropper instead of insta available
depending were you start though its a bit of a moot point unless they are completly regigging things
ow yer there was something about a map change to wasnt there

i do like how transparent & engaging they've been through the whole game

Last edited:
I thought I could merge iron and copper into a storage container and then it brings out what I need for the convertor, but that's not the case?
Is there anyway to do such a thing, or is it one convertor per smelter, then store at the end?

To be fair, there will still be a rush to coal as there’s still no automated way to collect biomass. I think they just realised biomass is an important early step but manually feeding the burners adds nothing to the game.

I thought I could merge iron and copper into a storage container and then it brings out what I need for the convertor, but that's not the case?
Is there anyway to do such a thing, or is it one convertor per smelter, then store at the end?

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking but each machine can only be set to 1 recipe. So iron and copper smelters will need to be fed raw ore on separate feeds*. You will have more resources on a belt that 1 smelter can cope with so splitters and mergers can be used 1 miners worth of copper ore to multiple copper smelters.

* you do get filterable splitters late game but from memory it’s tier 6/7 or maybe late in the MAM research so not a viable option for you currently.

I was feeding iron and copper ingots into a storage container and then had a single converter after the conatiner. I thought if I pick wire to make, it'll send out copper and if I choose plate, it'll pull out iron, but that's not the case it appears.

I'll need smelter, converter then storage for iron and the same again for copper

To be fair, there will still be a rush to coal as there’s still no automated way to collect biomass. I think they just realised biomass is an important early step but manually feeding the burners adds nothing to the game.

to be fair i cant think of any real disadvantage or advantages to not having the automation. i think its the right move, its more a quality of life thing. move past Biomass asap but have it semi automatable if needed aka backup power or remote locations or isolated networks.
thinking about its use with switchs and basic logic. geothermal is sort of a better backuop powersupply with battery storage, just passively collecting power for a what if. never really a good option for out and out main power

Last edited:
I was feeding iron and copper ingots into a storage container and then had a single converter after the conatiner. I thought if I pick wire to make, it'll send out copper and if I choose plate, it'll pull out iron, but that's not the case it appears.

I'll need smelter, converter then storage for iron and the same again for copper
Assembler not converter, and yes, they are dumb as are conveyor belts, you place a belt on the output of a container and it will simply take what is inside with no concept that the other end has an assembler or whatever that requires something else in the container. This holds true for the entire factory system throughout the game. Even when you get smart and programmable splitters you'll have to be very careful about using them with multiple resources as it is all too easy to cause blockages that will stop entire production lines. Spread out and up, space is not really an issue once you get foundations.

Question, on the starter map, quite close to where you drop, I wondered off a bit and fell down a massive hole, I died and my crate is down there. I cant find a way down?? It looks like there's a rock that can be blown up, but I cannot do that.
Assume its lost until I can get down there some other way, jet pack or something?

Question, on the starter map, quite close to where you drop, I wondered off a bit and fell down a massive hole, I died and my crate is down there. I cant find a way down?? It looks like there's a rock that can be blown up, but I cannot do that.
Assume its lost until I can get down there some other way, jet pack or something?

You can unlock ladders fairly early on from the awesome shop and build your way down

therers only really one map just differant start locations.
jetpacks are a thing. as well as ladders, ramps, outposts things and platforms. its sort of like being creatng.
some times there is an entrance just a ways off thats not obvious.
im going to guess its east of the easy start location. if so if you go sort of south and follow the rock wall you'll come to a sort of mini platform rock thing. go along there and you should see the entrance. bewarned there are beasts and gas in the area.

Warning this link contains spoilrs
Co-ords : -12821 / 283479 on the map

Last edited:
in the circle

NrfssJF.png

Last edited:
ill have another look, the only bit I saw that looked a bit different, was still rock, like it needs destroying. I could see through it (glitchy) but cant walk through

ill have another look, the only bit I saw that looked a bit different, was still rock, like it needs destroying. I could see through it (glitchy) but cant walk through
i think this works..
this link might work

to get to the cave mouth you need to cross over to the 2 island to the south west and then cross over to the mouth, its not obvious untill you get down there.

equally i think when i fell down that hole i used platforms to get out with difficualty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom