Satisfactory Alpha release

Soldato
Just had another large update. Any patch notes?

I've been offline a bit recently, may have been the update from 28th:

Patch Notes: Early Access - v0.101 - CL 96032

Hello Pioneers!

We’ve got the patch incoming we talked about at the end of last week. This is a small update addressing the most immediate issues. We have focused on the login issue and the most relevant crashes for this update, but are working on fixing other bugs for the next update.

Next week we are planning to have more fixes for you! Hope you are having a great time and let us know about any issues that occur <3

BUG FIXES

• Likely fixed the issue with Sending Game Data that blocked multiplayer

• Likely fixed some Replication Graph crashes (multiplayer crashes)

• Fixed several double click construction crashes on client

• Fixed saves that were created while playing offline not being joinable by other players

• Toned down the fog at certain times of day in Northern Forest and Rocky Desert

Soldato
Yea, but not built one yet, built some normal computers, you can't seem to mine the stuff automatically at the moment which is a PITA.

caterium is fully automated on my game, i have one setup doing quickwire. There are nodes that are blocked off with giant rocks but there are some that arent.

will get pic

o2X7aaQ.jpg

OhCZkNY.jpg

This is near the third starting zone, the right most on the start a new game section (hardest it says).
This also gives 3 new items to automate which I havent done yet, super computer, A.I.Limiter and the high speed connector.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had my eye on this for a while. The Alpha price is a little high for me, but I’m very interested to see how it develops.

I love Factorio, and if this provides a fresh new take on it, I’ll love it.

Soldato
Never played factorio, but this game is really good and in good shape both graphically and gameplay wise. Alpha maybe but plays better than that for many.

Some exploration and defence while out and about, on top of the factory side of things and a fair amount of content already, for me the price was about right :)

Caporegime
caterium is fully automated on my game, i have one setup doing quickwire. There are nodes that are blocked off with giant rocks but there are some that arent.

will get pic

This is near the third starting zone, the right most on the start a new game section (hardest it says).
This also gives 3 new items to automate which I havent done yet, super computer, A.I.Limiter and the high speed connector.

Thanks, the closest node to my base is on a raised island thing, blocked off, sounds like i need to look further afield!

Soldato
I am in the mist of a possible reconstruction of my base, i like the way it is, however its becoming more and more difficult to get resources in and out of manufacturers etc.

wondering if i might have to use a central bus and split off that way, wanted to do it differently to this but it seems the easiest route.

Soldato
I am going to go out on a limb here and disagree. Even for early access, it's worth the price. Runs really well, minimal bugs but it is early in development. Provided they don't mess it up somehow, in my opinion it can only get better and better from here.

Caporegime
Not 100% yet but i think a central bus is probably the right idea.

Going to mine and process into ingots at the same location, with storage at each stage to help with high demand situations in which i can't mine or smelt fast enough. I will then transfer everything to my main base which will automatically sort the input into the right storage, then onto process, then process output which will sort the components into a row of storage bins next to my work area.

Soldato
here is a new video of my current work in progress factory, have some more things to automate as i unlocked most stuff and then started re-building.

I have some alternate recipes and this is used in the heavy modular frames, producing 11.248 p/m from 4 manufacturers.

Only the miners are overclocked to the current mk4 max belt speed of 450.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok I've picked it up in the epic sale,
£16 quid makes it well worth a punt.
what's everyone's recommendations and is there like multiplayer or anything?

Associate
You can play with others, you just make your session an online session (friends only) then friends in your epic games can join your save. you can switch it between private and friends only at any time without affecting your save.

Soldato
Got this today, early on but quite enjoyed it so far. The tutorial is a good balance of helping but not stopping you just exploring and messing about, I like that.

Back
Top Bottom