Saving Sessions / Demand reduction thread

Some data for 23/24 is starting to become available

They are running again.

Edit, some will be very sad
- Removed the domestic in-day baseline adjustment to mitigate peverse incetives

Damn it. lol.

0 octopoints for me now.

What I hope they do do is actually harness the ability for people with storage to send to the grid.
It was a massive obvious hole in last seasons process.

They are getting £3000 per mWh for the test sessions. So they could pay £3 per kWh exported.
I would be more than happy to use the grid during the day and be able to export at £3 per kWh during the sessions. ;)

after all, report had identified people were expoliting baseline/IDA - national grid aren't stupid.
53275403793_f211b7b736_b_d.jpg

e: from history https://www.nationalgrideso.com/ind...ncing-services/demand-flexibility-service-dfs

Last edited:
Looks like a new option on the app and website 'octoplus'. Opt in for 500 octopoints
I saw that just now but they didn't really explain everything too well as to what it entails, couldn't find a more detailed explanation anywhere. Would have taken a punt and opted in if my 13.5kwh battery wasn't just a 7 grand paperweight atm.

Looks like the free energy, if/when it happens will be for all, not just some regions in the East/South East.

I hope anyway :) + I need to by a bigger charger!.

Last edited:
I believe the reason only some of us get the free sessions is that the generation is local and there simply isn't enough capacity to get it out of the region.

Its now available online as well as the app.

They said something about opting in export as well so thats hopeful that they are adding in something for those of us who could help a lot.
(I can export 5.5kw if they make it worth my while to do so as opposed to using my battery during the day)

Last edited:
That was based on the survey I believe.
I posted the link to it here way back when it was live and I know some did it.
it was the grid's post analysis - haven't looked to see if it still there, or in my cache, but they also listed grid's proposed actions, which I didn't snaphot then.

Proof in the pudding will be whether savings are statistically less than previous season
e: maybe they will increase incentive for real saving

Last edited:
I think I've realised why I get it, and my parents that live about 7 miles away don't. Just checked on google maps and about 500 yards away is a giant solar farm. Must be connected to the same grid node.

it was the grid's post analysis - haven't looked to see if it still there, or in my cache, but they also listed grid's proposed actions, which I didn't snaphot then.

Proof in the pudding will be whether savings are statistically less than previous season
e: maybe they will increase incentive for real saving

teh grids post analysis was I believe based on teh survey they asked us to complete (and paid us for)
They would have no way of knowing the real behaviour without the survey ;)

I think I've realised why I get it, and my parents that live about 7 miles away don't. Just checked on google maps and about 500 yards away is a giant solar farm. Must be connected to the same grid node.

yeah I am kind of the same, there is a solar farm not that far from me
But they have run multiple sessions when thats going to be super low output (as my home solar also is!)

The timings still make no sense to me so far!

Back
Top Bottom