Saving Sessions / Demand reduction thread

I just noticed I’ve been credited an extra £200 as I’m on oil heating. I’ve got over £600 in credit now (including SS points).

It’s been a good winter.

Last edited:
I just noticed I’ve been credited an extra £200 as I’m on oil heating. I’ve got over £600 in credit now (including SS points).

It’s been a good winter.

Hacks!

I got 9304 points, worth £11.63, roughly double my cost on the day for the peak units.

Can't complain at that. Need more sessions now, miles away from my target of £100 :)

Actually it was a poor day for it as well, too much sun coming in, ideally want a day like today where it's rubbish and I always need more energy.

Just seen that my results are in as well, 10,068 points =£12.58 spent about £6.40 on elec so that willl cover a few days of the standing charge nicely

Last edited:
Ten saving sessions completed for 72 earned points. plus 8X100 for the 10 sessions.

No idea why there are 8X100 and not 10X100?

Its 8 because (probably)
The first session had no bonus its a run rate bonus, so you should always have 1 less than the total number of sessions
Your probably didn't get a bonus for the December session, (mid dec). A few have that issue at least I have seen, I am the same.

The bonuses come in a 1-2 days or so after the sessions points are awarded generally.

Mine is
Save sess, bonus points
18/11
28/11, 29/11
5/12, 7/12
5/12, 7/12 (two sessions close together)
14/12, ....
24/01, 25/01
25/01, 26/01
30/01, 13/02
07/02, 13/02
16/02, 16/02

Last edited:
I came across this thread yesterday.

It takes a while before people start calling it out. I don't believe her.
If that is a combined bill of gas + elec, it isn't that nuts. I used £260 of gas in December and £155 of electricity. I could have easily kept the heating on for longer as most days we were freezing (house never went above 15/16).

Bear in mind a 1 hour burn of heating costs approx. £2. I just needed to have the heating on a few more hours per day (7 total versus the average of 2 I insisted on) to easily get to £760 combined.

Last edited:
Our unit price has just increased to 50p per kWh after enjoying 2 months of ‘cheaper’ units beyond my fix coming to an end.

I still expect my energy costs to be minimal after the government subsidy. Shocking how much people are paying.

If that is a combined bill of gas + elec, it isn't that nuts. I used £260 of gas in December and £155 of electricity. I could have easily kept the heating on for longer as most days we were freezing (house never went above 15/16).

Bear in mind a 1 hour burn of heating costs approx. £2. I just needed to have the heating on a few more hours per day (7 total versus the average of 2 I insisted on) to easily get to £760 combined.

I think the fact she's not posted her bill says a lot. She also says they use a log burner and there's only 2 of them in the house. So potentially empty during the day assuming thy work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom