Say you’d won the £115M Euro Millions, would you go public?

Caporegime
As the title, I’ve just read the “lucky” winner has come forward, so, we’re it you, would you go public and if so, why?

Personally, I’d tell as few people as possible and no, alas it wasn’t me. :(

it's been proven the worst thing you can do is go public. even successful self built millionaires who have won and went public have been left in ruins due to all sorts coming out the woodwork.

Caporegime
Good job it is a relatively crime free area, no armed and violent gangsters around there who might want to shake people down for some large amounts of cash etc.. :D

Caporegime
OP
Apparently the winners are from Co Armagh. And the idiots are going public with it :rolleyes:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-01-03/ni-couple-bag-massive-114-9m-euromillions-jackpot/
Somebody send them a link to this thread!

Personally, I'd rather lose a percentage of the payout were I to not go public rather than go with the publicity, ill thought through madness.

Good job it is a relatively crime free area, no armed and violent gangsters around there who might want to shake people down for some large amounts of cash etc.. :D
Quite, I'd be reluctant at best to go public in the relative safety of this side of the Irish sea, but over there? - I guess it depends on who they are already associated with.....
:D :D :D

Caporegime

I doubt a car journey would be enough to dissuade any scumbags who wanted to try it. Going public is utterly stupid.

Soldato
I can say this without being racist (I think, being one myself) but yes, China is behind the western society on social etiquette. They don’t have the same attitude on social interactions in public. In some ways they are kind but in many many ways I would avoid them. There are exceptions but in general, I find them loud and obnoxious compare to what I am used to.

I have no desire to visit China either.

And I can spot a mainland Chinese a mile off, even in Hong Kong amongst the other Chinese.
I think all you need to do is listen to them eat. It's so disgustingly obnoxious that there has to be effort put into being as loud as possible.

Caporegime
I almost feel bad for them for making this decision, there's a very high chance this could ruin their lives. Almost.

There was a woman who won 75-80ish million a lot of years back in ireland, she was at a bar and one of her friends was checking through tickets for them, hers came up and word spread. Last i heard she basically became a recluse. Seen other stories of people winning much smaller amounts and it having the same effect.

Soldato
I’d be on the first flight out of here and wouldn’t be back for a few months.

I’m sorry to say I’m not that hard to replace at work and would be gone, might leave a few ££ with the lads for a good **** up on me.

Go full public? No chance.

Caporegime
It really amazes me how when the lottery gets to mad money (100 million plus) how it usually one ticket that wins. You get the odd occasion where it's 2+ tickets but generally seems to be a single winner for the really big amounts.

Soldato
The highest ever pool in the states was $1.5B in 2016!

Worked out at about $300M lump sum for each of the winners.

I could afford Netflix and take away everyday for the rest of my life if I won that much....sigh...maybe one day

Caporegime
It really amazes me how when the lottery gets to mad money (100 million plus) how it usually one ticket that wins. You get the odd occasion where it's 2+ tickets but generally seems to be a single winner for the really big amounts.

That is a lot of money, considering Taylor Swift is worth $320 million, after 15 years, 6 albums, endless tours with merchandise and sponsorships. 1 winning ticket and you are almost half way there.

It puts in perspective of the amount of wealth it really is. The kind of wealth that is beyond imagination.

Caporegime
That is a lot of money, considering Taylor Swift is worth $320 million, after 15 years, 6 albums, endless tours with merchandise and sponsorships. 1 winning ticket and you are almost half way there.

It puts in perspective of the amount of wealth it really is. The kind of wealth that is beyond imagination.

Aye, be nice to get a winner like that, pipe dream for the most part but a very slim chance.

Soldato
Are people stupid? They have enough money for good security, there's plenty of millionaires around and they aren't getting robbed every other day

Man of Honour
I wouldn't say I live to work, far from it, but if you can't wait a month to bin in work after you've won £100m, that definitely says something about you.

Or your job. Or your employer.

I am a flunkey. As is the custom in the UK, my working practices are deliberately designed to cause me harm so that the resulting pain and chronic medical problems serve as a constant reminder to me of my inferior status. That is common custom in the UK. It's illegal, but the law isn't enforced in peacetime. In wartime it has been enforced because in wartime productivity is considered more important than harming flunkeys whereas in peacetime harming flunkeys is considered more important than productivity. This is the norm. It's almost uiniversal in this country and passes unnoticed as a result. People in low status jobs are routinely forced to work in ways unsuited to human physiology solely for the purpose of harming them, i.e. even when the work could be done more efficiently in a less harmful way. Harming flunkies is the point and it's considered even more important than profit. My employer is better than many, but it still does this because it's such a strong custom in this country.

I would bin my job in milliseconds if I won enough to live on for the rest of my life. What does that say about me? It says that I don't want to make my medical problems worse and do so only because I am forced to do so by needing money to survive.

Caporegime
Or your job. Or your employer.

I am a flunkey. As is the custom in the UK, my working practices are deliberately designed to cause me harm so that the resulting pain and chronic medical problems serve as a constant reminder to me of my inferior status. That is common custom in the UK. It's illegal, but the law isn't enforced in peacetime. In wartime it has been enforced because in wartime productivity is considered more important than harming flunkeys whereas in peacetime harming flunkeys is considered more important than productivity. This is the norm. It's almost uiniversal in this country and passes unnoticed as a result. People in low status jobs are routinely forced to work in ways unsuited to human physiology solely for the purpose of harming them, i.e. even when the work could be done more efficiently in a less harmful way. Harming flunkies is the point and it's considered even more important than profit. My employer is better than many, but it still does this because it's such a strong custom in this country.

I would bin my job in milliseconds if I won enough to live on for the rest of my life. What does that say about me? It says that I don't want to make my medical problems worse and do so only because I am forced to do so by needing money to survive.

Just... wow.

Back
Top Bottom