Scammed on ebay....

Soldato
With 2nd hand goods they have to fit description i.e. working. As a seller you are bound to that part of SOGA. If they develop a fault or whatever days or weeks later then you are not liable. (It'd be hard to argue this with PayPal though who allow cases to be opened upto 45 days after the sale).

Ebay/Paypal can add rules in addition to SOGA. It is their market.

Associate
About 6 months ago I sold a 27" Hazro monitor on eBay. When the buyer received it the corner was smashed and he sent a photo.

He then said not to worry as he was only telling me so I would avoid that courier in the future! He said he was happy with the monitor and I couldn't believe my luck.

And here you have the other side of the coin, an absolute mug of a buyer. Why didn't he just claim off the courier?

Soldato
And here you have the other side of the coin, an absolute mug of a buyer. Why didn't he just claim off the courier?

Nearly all couriers won't cover damage to LCDs. The buyer would be within his rights to claim on PayPal though, as it's the sellers responsibility to ensure the goods arrive safely and as described.

Gangster
Associate
OP
OK me and my mate are going to visit this person in the weekend. I will go to his house with my boxing stance and get my camera back. If I get my camera back then I will smash his camera in front of his doorstep.

My friend will record this and I will get a video up on youtube to name and shame.

Associate
OK me and my mate are going to visit this person in the weekend. I will go to his house with my boxing stance and get my camera back. If I get my camera back then I will smash his camera in front of his doorstep.

My friend will record this and I will get a video up on youtube to name and shame.

Lool if you do this I will create a charity in your name honoring you :) please keep us updated!

Also, if I was you I would not write anything on eBay to the buyer mentioning you wanting to pay a visit to him or her. They could use this against you as if you are a threat. Just stroll up to his/ her door on the weekend.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Sounds like a plan.

Permabanned
Putting me off selling my cards on ebay...

i stopped using ebay years ago, it's a scammer's playground. Gumtree is more safe. The buyer comes to your house, inspects the item and pays what was agreed on phone or email.

no fees, no hasstle but takes more time selling stuff.

Soldato
There's no PayPal or eBay in NZ its great. Similar site is called Trademe and if you email them you get an actual human responding quickly. No jumping through hoops trying to find contact info. Hopefully PayPal never arrives.

Back
Top Bottom