♠.Scarlet Spade.♠ - watercooled + modded lian li build.

Associate
Absolutely fantastic, really warming to silver cases now! Going to see how much cash I can put to together to see I will be able to buy the X900b, not sure I can afford it right now, but I have quite a lot for sale!

Soldato
I dont think you could understand how much I want this case with its mods. You have improved a case that I didnt overally like the look of into something I desire. I think the whole scheme you have kepted with, even the window panel with its mesh, it looks so freaking great. Will you do a video of the final product? Maybe a walk around and peek inside? Just to show us all it in the flesh without pictures?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the kind words :p!!

Absolutely fantastic, really warming to silver cases now! Going to see how much cash I can put to together to see I will be able to buy the X900b, not sure I can afford it right now, but I have quite a lot for sale!

Just drop me a trust mail if you fancy buying it - it's just sitting in a cupboard atm and I can't see myself using it in the near future so I'd be happy to take another big chunk off the listed price.

smeaney said:
Will you do a video of the final product? Maybe a walk around and peek inside? Just to show us all it in the flesh without pictures?

Would be happy to ;).

Some pics coming tomorrow now I've got hold of the package.

Associate
OP
-------------------------------------------------
GPU!
-------------------------------------------------
Republic of Gamers 5870 2GB Matrix Platinum: Twas my dream gpu when it came out, but at nearly £400 it was waaaaay out of my money league. Finally snagged a pair for a good price on the bay, one of them used and one brand new (from bulgaria). Yay Yay Yay :D.

Didn't have any braiding or heatshrink large enough to fit over the crossfire bridge so I covered it in black cloth tape.

And the two Matrix cards in crossfire:

Probably a little bit more excited than I should be about a pair of 5870s but having a crossfire set-up with this card has been a bit of a wet dream. The second hand one clocks to 1Ghz with a minimal voltage increase, but can't get the new card stable at 1Ghz. Also can't work out how to overclock them both when in crossfire - the ASUS tool crashes and can't change voltages in afterburner :(.

The cards are astonishingly quiet. Not including the gpus the computer atm is pretty much silent on a fan controller. With gpus, at 100% load, both gpu fans in furmark are barely audible (81deg load at stock). I'd say subjectively that both cards together are about 50-75% as loud as a single stock 5870.

Things left to do:
(1) Try out some additional red case leds
(2) Replace the temporary rad fan with another phobya nano-G
(3) Braid pci-e power for 2nd gpu
(4) Photoshoot and video :).

NEARLY THERE!

PS: pump is giving out really dodgy clicking noises so might RMA.

Associate
Loving the mod, and envy you finding a deal on those Asus rog cards. I have one but can't justify the money for another. Too bad there aren't any waterblocks for it. Its gonna look sick when the cards turn their leds red under load. That should definitely be in the vid!!!!

Associate
OP
Cheers :). Waiting on new pump - clicking noise has gotten insanely loud atm to the extent that I'm afraid to keep comp on when I'm not in the room :(.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Finally got my pump problems sorted (back to silence!) so time to bring this one to a sort of conclusion. Also chucked in a nice ASUS Essence STX.

Unfortunately I'm in the process of going from 4/3s to micro 4/3s and so have sold my lucky leica 25mm and dlsr body. These photos are taken with a Ricoh GRDIII - still one of the finest compact digital cameras I've ever used :).

There will still be time for a video once I get my micro kit, and some benchmarks too! Enjoy a few pics anyway.

This has been great fun to make. Thanks for looking :D.

PS @m4rkw7, search for AC Ryan modders mesh. You'll find it in several shops.

Soldato
Looks really good :) Especially in those darker shots. I am impressed that you managed to fit it all in the case too, you managed to get it all in without it looking over crowded in there. The only thing I think I would change would be to slightly mod the graphics cards so that matrix was red not the bluey white it looks in the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom