♠.Scarlet Spade.♠ - watercooled + modded lian li build.

Associate
OP
Looks really good :) Especially in those darker shots. I am impressed that you managed to fit it all in the case too, you managed to get it all in without it looking over crowded in there. The only thing I think I would change would be to slightly mod the graphics cards so that matrix was red not the bluey white it looks in the pictures.

They change colour according to load - unmoddable unfortunately, but they do go red when I'm in Furmark :p!

Associate
Great job, I see we have similar tastes In components. I love my essence and am glad I invested in it, as you are too I hope. I think that the matrix's? Look good in idle actually, the way they clash with all the red. But I'm sure they look great under heavy load too. So what's the next mod...?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments. @ Badboy, tubes are XSPC flex.

Great job, I see we have similar tastes In components. I love my essence and am glad I invested in it, as you are too I hope. I think that the matrix's? Look good in idle actually, the way they clash with all the red. But I'm sure they look great under heavy load too. So what's the next mod...?

Next mod will be a more ambitious water-cooling set-up with SandyBridge: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18283845 - this thread is just a sort of notepad for some ideas :).

Staying with a mid-sized case but it will need to have enough capacity to cool a couple of GPUs when I upgrade from the 5870s in the future. Looking at three rads, or two big ones. Currently leaning towards the 600T - I have a hunch that you might be able to fit an absolutely humongous rad in the front - bigger than the Phobya 200mm ;).

Associate
OP
benchmarks? You mentioned you were doing this for a big overclock so was it the CPU or GPU overclock you're aiming at?

I'm running CPU @ 4GHz 1.28V load (1.25V bios) and ~ 65 degrees under heavy linx load. Haven't actually tried to bench it at a much higher clock though it's a good chip.

GPU 1 gets to 1000 easy, but GPU 2 stops at about 995, needs a much bigger voltage increase to get to the magic number :(. I haven't overclocked them in crossfire because the bloody ASUS Matrix tool doesn't work!!!

In any case I'm not going to bench now as I'm trying to sell the whole bundle off in MM :). Hopefully can get enough money to go for a new Sandybridge build (see sig).

Associate
Hi joxang

Could I have some shots of where to you connected the casters to the case please (both inside and out if possible).

I've been planning to do the same things to the black version of the case.

Tracking down the v2 set of the casters is proving a problem though.

Associate
OP
Hi joxang

Could I have some shots of where to you connected the casters to the case please (both inside and out if possible). I've been planning to do the same things to the black version of the case. Tracking down the v2 set of the casters is proving a problem though.

Fraid I can't get the shots atm as the build is dismantled and the case is packed away. It's simply a matter of two screws for each wheel bar (screws are included, no nuts required).

Which are the V2 of the casters? I can make my set available to you through MM if needed :).

Back
Top Bottom