Scary moments in your life when you have come close to death and it wasnt your fault

Associate
So i got a job in a sweet factory a long time ago,i was placed on a conveuyer belt to inspect sweets for unwrapped or broken sweets,i remember looking over on to the belt with my head directly over it,the next thing i know i am forced to pull my head back for what ever reason as i remember all of a sudden it became really hot so i had to pull back and stand up,i really don't know what made me do it,the next thing i know i see the huge heavy metal thing landed on the conveuyer and put a hole in it,well it turns out some guy was working above on ladders and dropped this heavy object on to the belt by accident,it was very unsafe for them to let people work like that,i did quit that job that night as well as i wasnt pleased and didnt feel safe at all,i am still great full to this day that i pulled back from looking directly over the belt for that split second because i didn't know it was about to happen,what is your close to death story that wasn't your fault ?

Last edited:
Dunno about wasn't my fault but as a child I nearly fell over a 60+ foot cliff on dartmoor - was running along without really paying attention to where I was going and just as I was one step from running over the edge something stopped me uh dead in my tracks almost like running into a wall - pretty scary realising how close a call it was.

I would say that it was your fault but when your so young like that you are not aware of what your doing,i am talking about accidents where someone has nearly ended your life so fast in a split second from there own stupidity.

[FnG]magnolia;25936844 said:
The trick to effective trolling is to maintain character, posting style and other observable traits at all times otherwise you appear an unreliable narrator to viewers.

I prefer to just talk ******** til even the trolls give up.

I managed to get underneath the mesh wire covering our pond. Our cat led my Mum to where I was (we were always together - & he wouldn't stop trying to get her attention until she followed him to where I was), and thankfully I was saved from drowning.

Last edited:
Crossed the road on a green man but some guy had other ideas and drove straight through the red. His wing mirror hit the bag I was carrying so hard that I fell over. Lucky I wasn't a few inches further along the road...

Have to admit it did make me feel alive though, if that makes sense.

Riding my motorcycle home from work one fine and sunny afternoon and some numpty pulling out from a petrol station sees a gap in the on coming traffic and floors it. He hit me so hard I flew right over the on coming traffic and landed in a heap on the opposite footpath. I was conscious the whole time, I even remember the attending policeman throwing the driver across the car bonnet for being such an obnoxious ass; he was running around telling everyone "it was his fault" apparently. I also remember telling a "first aider" to stop trying to wrench my helmet off because not only isn't it a good thing to do but she had also omitted to undo the strap.
I spent three months in skeletal traction, which was a pain but at least the nurses were fantastic. The attending policeman came to visit me in hospital to see how I was, which was nice. I discovered that he was an ex-motorcycle cop so that probably swayed him a little because they threw the book at the driver and he was banned for three years.

I got sent out to the shop as young teenager and on the way a large truck entered onto the road I was on an angled downward trajectory, I had just lent down to retie my show lace as the truck was passing and as I did I felt a 'woosh' of air going over my head and as I looked up it was the trucks rear left door that had flung open.

Eating some food (Beef Panini) Got beef stuck in throat (my own fault, not chewing it enough).

Could not cough it up, or breathe. Started to panic, my friend noticed me and did heinrich maneuver on me and the Beef flew out.

Could have been a lot worse if i had been on my own!

As my vision faded to darkness, there was a light. Dim at first, it soon engulfed my surroundings. Before long, I could make out figures approaching me, arms outstretched as if to beckon me toward the light; was it lost love ones? St Peter and the holy apostles? As they neared it became obvious it was neither, it was DEMNONS.

Riding my motorcycle home from work one fine and sunny afternoon and some numpty pulling out from a petrol station sees a gap in the on coming traffic and floors it. He hit me so hard I flew right over the on coming traffic and landed in a heap on the opposite footpath. I was conscious the whole time, I even remember the attending policeman throwing the driver across the car bonnet for being such an obnoxious ass; he was running around telling everyone "it was his fault" apparently. I also remember telling a "first aider" to stop trying to wrench my helmet off because not only isn't it a good thing to do but she had also omitted to undo the strap.
I spent three months in skeletal traction, which was a pain but at least the nurses were fantastic. The attending policeman came to visit me in hospital to see how I was, which was nice. I discovered that he was an ex-motorcycle cop so that probably swayed him a little because they threw the book at the driver and he was banned for three years.

Now that's a decent copper :)

I can't swim, and someone told me to go the deep end. I couldn't stay up in the water and nearly drowned nobody decided to help me up until someone came over and I used them to get myself up and out. I'll always thank my family for helping... :rolleyes:
I was only young so it **** me up badly.

Last edited:
Nearly had a few idiots on the road coming in the opposite direction cross over into the wrong side of the road which would have meant a combined 120mph collision

Nearly falling out of a ride that was upside down at the time when I was younger. Bad safety harness ! It had stopped upside down, for extra fear factor, but at the time I was way too loose and was gripping on for life as I was coming out of the seat. Harness would not have stopped me

Last edited:
Am in India on business, so every trip between hotel and office feels like a prolonged RTA which never quite happens.

Overtaking a bus on a bridge only to see two fuel tanker trucks doing the same coming the other way on Friday was the highest reading on the IamGoingToDie-O-Meter so far.

Not sure about about scary moments is my own life but I nearly killed someone once..

I was up on a ladder working up above some conveyors in a sweet factory and accidentally undid the wrong bolt. A big piece of machinery fell and I realised it was going to land on the head of another employee who was up on the belt checking for broken sweets.

I was convinced this guy was a gonner, but then something very strange happened. Something really hot flew downwards past me in a blur and miraculously he pulled his head back just before this heavy object flew by and put a hole in the conveyor.

I think it was an angel or something that flew past me and saved him.

Not sure if this counts as near death but I was once eating some sweets, the first one seemed really hot and the next one had shards of metal and what appeared to be fibres off a conveyor in it.

Weird

1 second later and I would have had a motorcycle impaled into the side of my face.
In a 106 this would have resulted in certain death for me, possibly the motorcyclist too, unless he cleared the roof!

Back
Top Bottom