Scary moments in your life when you have come close to death and it wasnt your fault

So i got a job in a sweet factory a long time ago,i was placed on a conveuyer belt to inspect sweets for unwrapped or broken sweets,i remember looking over on to the belt with my head directly over it,the next thing i know i am forced to pull my head back for what ever reason as i remember all of a sudden it became really hot so i had to pull back and stand up,i really don't know what made me do it,the next thing i know i see the huge heavy metal thing landed on the conveuyer and put a hole in it,well it turns out some guy was working above on ladders and dropped this heavy object on to the belt by accident,it was very unsafe for them to let people work like that,i did quit that job that night as well as i wasnt pleased and didnt feel safe at all,i am still great full to this day that i pulled back from looking directly over the belt for that split second because i didn't know it was about to happen,what is your close to death story that wasn't your fault ?

Chewitts????

Not sure about about scary moments is my own life but I nearly killed someone once..

I was up on a ladder working up above some conveyors in a sweet factory and accidentally undid the wrong bolt. A big piece of machinery fell and I realised it was going to land on the head of another employee who was up on the belt checking for broken sweets.

I was convinced this guy was a gonner, but then something very strange happened. Something really hot flew downwards past me in a blur and miraculously he pulled his head back just before this heavy object flew by and put a hole in the conveyor.

I think it was an angel or something that flew past me and saved him.

lmfao

I've span my car on the motorway before. I aqua-plained across a series of puddles last one caused my rear-end to spin out - complete lost control of the car. As the car span I remember looking down the motorway at oncoming traffic thinking: "yeah, this could be serious". The back of my car hit the central reservation which I bounced off a few times - luckily I didn't have anyone immediately behind/on my ass so the traffic had time to avoid me. Highway Agency got involved and all that. It changed the way I look at the road.

Every time I walk to work. Pavements don't really happen here, in any useful way, so I have to walk down the road instead, and regularly get nearly caught by cars and scooters. I feel relieved when I make it in to work. Then I realise I'm at work. Ugh.

Actually, I got beeped out of the way yesterday by an 8 year old kid on a quad bike. Even here, that was a new one.

Once took a 415V shock through my right hand, whilst poking about the works' dishwasher. Luckily, half a second earlier, I had been balancing myself by holding a metal worktop with my left hand, but let go...
I consider myself very lucky that all it did was knock me over backwards and made me feel very odd for half an hour or so.

EDIT Ok didn't read that properly- it was kinda my fault!
Only other "Phew, that was lucky!" experience, was hurtling down a hill at 35mph on me bike (not motor), during rush hour on a wet morning. Hit a pothole, and blew the back tyre out instantly. I was on a left hand bend at the time, how the hell I didn't fly straight into the oncoming traffic still amazes me today.

Last edited:
Not sure about about scary moments is my own life but I nearly killed someone once..

I was up on a ladder working up above some conveyors in a sweet factory and accidentally undid the wrong bolt. A big piece of machinery fell and I realised it was going to land on the head of another employee who was up on the belt checking for broken sweets.

I was convinced this guy was a gonner, but then something very strange happened. Something really hot flew downwards past me in a blur and miraculously he pulled his head back just before this heavy object flew by and put a hole in the conveyor.

For the win!!!!

Once took a 415V shock through my right hand, whilst poking about the works' dishwasher. Luckily, half a second earlier, I had been balancing myself by holding a metal worktop with my left hand, but let go...
I consider myself very lucky that all it did was knock me over backwards and made me feel very odd for half an hour or so.

415 dishwasher? Industrial size im assuming. Got lucky it didn't go through arm-arm.. you would be dead or badly burned/hurt :(

Haha you improved a rather odd OP :D

Discharging CRT's so not life threatening. Wakes you up as they go with a pop. Oh and leaves a little burn hole in whatever touched it.

Yeh, big commercial jobbie.
My thoughts exactly- arm to arm shocks are a recipe for trouble. Especially as there was nobody else in the building at the time, it could've been a lot worse!

Think yourself very lucky. Could end as bad as this guy if u get real unlucky

http://youtu.be/NWO9x-2EFc8 - Warning probably NSFW, Contains scene some may not like. (Sure im allowed to post this though)

Once skiing nearly got barged off over a sheer 150ft+ drop. One ski flailing over the edge and at this time I was a relative beginner, absolutely terrified.

Later the same holiday my friend went over one and was holding on with his hands dangling over (although it was a smaller drop, probably only a leg breaker :p).

Back
Top Bottom