Scoobydooooooo RB5 ?

Associate
Hi

I have a chance at one of these for sale over here and love the look of them. But thats as far as my experience with them goes. This is whats available

1999, T-REG, AVERAGE MILES, FULL S/STEEL EXHAUST SYSTEM, BLACK/BLUE ALCANTARA SEATS, CD PLAYER, FULL SUBARU SERVICE HISTORY, BRAND NEW TYRES ALL ROUND, NEW MOT, 2 MONTHS TAX, RB5OC MEMBERS CAR......
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9975/rb5passsidejo5.jpg
It has 90k on it. Im confident i should get it for £6000 maybe little less.

Opinions on them etc welcome, specs and opinions.
Thanks

Soldato
RB5 is a total, bona fide classic but be very careful its not been nicked and/or rolled into a ditch.

Also if its clean expect to put a tracker on it if it hasn't already got one and prepare for it to be nicked.

Where do you live?

I was completely warned off scoobies after a lot of local theft with keys.. ie they break into your house, threaten your kids and take the keys. Couple of weeks later it turns up in an armed robbery.

Bearing in mind I'm in deepest hampshire, if you're anywhere near a major city london/liverpool/manchester etc I would give it a wide berth.

Not nice tbh.

Associate
OP
I live in northern ireland and it wont be left anywhere really. Dont use car for work. Are they only nickable if the keys have got ? Cant drive it away without ?

Whats the performance like ?

Soldato
David _b said:
I live in northern ireland and it wont be left anywhere really. Dont use car for work. Are they only nickable if the keys have got ? Cant drive it away without ?

Whats the performance like ?

no I'm sure they can nick it without but its easier to turn up in your house with a weapon and steal it that way, that way they have the keys and its more reliable for a getaway. Its well documented.

Performance is out of this world, hence why they get nicked for robberies.

Current gen imprezas aren't a patch on last gen ones, especially fettled ones like the RB5/P1.

Seriously you want to be damn sure its well secured or it'll be £6k wasted. I'm sure someone will disagree but I've known a few people with RB5/P1s etc and Evo 5s/6s and they get nicked, a lot.

Soldato
One of my favourite Imprezas.

Yes they are nickable, and if its got a decent Cat 1 alarm, then keys are pretty much the only realistic option.

As that isn't an WR version, the performance is the same as the Turbo 2000 model.

0-60 in 5.55, 1/4 in 14.24, 145mph top speed.

Soldato
David _b said:
What about the tunability ? Quarter mile time isnt to hot..

How much have you got to spend? 300-350bhp and similar torque is possible without spending mega bucks, and remaining fairly reliable. That'll be a very quick car. It will drink fuel like no bodys business though, but then they do that standard.

Soldato
andi said:
As that isn't an WR version, the performance is the same as the Turbo 2000 model.

0-60 in 5.55, 1/4 in 14.24, 145mph top speed.

5.5? Are you sure?

Aren't they only 210bhp or something?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Official figure is ~6.5 IIRC, but a magazine once managed a 5.5, hence that figure always gets quoted by Scooby owners. I know, I used to quote it myself ;)

Associate
matt100 said:
I was completely warned off scoobies after a lot of local theft with keys.. ie they break into your house, threaten your kids and take the keys. Couple of weeks later it turns up in an armed robbery.

Exactly. I just sold my Bugeye wagon which I loved to bits because 3 blokes, yes blokes not 'lads' jumped over a 6ft fence and slung a piece of flag they found in the back garden through the patio door and 2 of them held my Dad and the third kept beltin him askin for the ****** car keys. My Dad is 75 years old and was alone as we had just gone out. The keys were at my bros as he had used the car. Needless to say the car was sold back to the dealer the next day at a masshosive loss. There wont be another performance car on my drive again. It isn't worth that ****.

Sorry to sound off putting but just be aware that they do atract attention. Sometimes for the wrong reasons. I loved my Scoob, put a big smile on my face everytime I drove it.

DONT SWEAR

Dangerous

Associate
OP
Hmm..That sort of crime is a little more thin on the ground over here thank god. More chance of being hi-jacked. Few mates have them and yet to have any bother.

Man of Honour
David _b said:
Hmm..That sort of crime is a little more thin on the ground over here thank god. More chance of being hi-jacked. Few mates have them and yet to have any bother.

Were you not the same guy who a couple of months was convinced that owning a nice car was far too dangerous and as a result you had to sell your 200SX immediatly before someone broke your legs? :confused:

I remember it well becuase I got flamed for daring to suggest you were being a bit dramatic but it seems you have come to your senses and are once again going to buy a good car :p

RB5's win.

Associate
OP
I have not been in that area of town since the incident and will not be back weather is a nissan micra or nissan R34 vSpec.

So...The car then people what is the opinion. Would i be better off with just something like a STI or wrx ?...I hate being common hence the like for RB.. :cool: No real appeal from usual 4 doors.

Back
Top Bottom