Scoobydooooooo RB5 ?

But il be happy enough knowing it is different and limited...and for those that do know what there looking at which should be fairly obvious given the colour they will know too its an RB5.

What is the going rate for them and should i run a few miles at it clicking 90k up ?

I believe its running standard components. Would a wrx sti be better just a usual UK car ? Whats the differences in power say between a wrx, sti and RB5...and just to throw it in a P1`

From the top of my head:

- Classic WRX: '93-'96 = 240ps. '96-'98 = 260ps. '98 onwards = 280ps.

- Classic STI: STI version 1 = 250ps, all other versions 280ps.

- Classic UK Turbo 2000 (RB5): 208bhp to 215bhp, or 235 bhp with the Prodrive Performace Pack.

- P1: 276 bhp.

Last edited:
So the RB is not really all that in the go department...Do they suffer from choc pistons ? Apparently the type R and p1's need rebuilds. My friend has just spent 6k rebuilding his P1 and another 5k on toys, autronics antilag system, blitz system etc

As previously mentioned, the RB5 is just a tarted up UK Turbo 2000, they are mechanically identical.

As for chocolate pistons, that problem is over exagerated IMO, a lot of it is to do with people running import WRXs on crap UK fuel and whacking up the boost...

Same with the P1, it is basically a STi version 5 Type-R with some Prodrive bits, but they didn't remap the ECU to UK fuel, IMO this is the source of a lot of the problems.

My UK Turbo 2000 had over 110k miles on it, and I was running just under 350bhp with those 110k mile stock internals. I never had ANY problems the whole time I owned it, and I didn't exactly drive it like a granny ;)

So the RB5 should be pretty strong ? Out of the bunch what would you have again Drex ? Saying 6k in bank and not really wanting to be modding and wrecking things :eek:

one of my parent's friends was jacked for this very model of scoob as he was putting it in the garage. He now drives a 1.4 puma, and will be unlikely to get another fast car again.

But they are a nice model of scoob. 90k miles for £6k is a bit steep though. What's the insurance gonna be like in N.I?? :eek: I heard it is ridiculous.

Cryfreeman said:
Not sure its been mentioned yet but didnt the Rb5 have a solid rear bulkhead ? :)

Think you're right on that one :)

Personally I wouldn't go for an RB5 if you're planning on modifiing it anyways, save the money and get a lower mileage UK turbo. Fantastic cars with subtle mods, so go for it !

Cryfreeman said:
Not sure its been mentioned yet but didnt the Rb5 have a solid rear bulkhead ? :)

I remember reading something along the lines of they actually used some kind of hybrid/import sti shell rather than the standard UK Turbo body and so had a few tweaks under the skin.

Sounds a bit optimistic, can't remember where the hell I read that now though :(

Back
Top Bottom