Scotish Breakfast!

Soldato
Why would they be drinking Irish whiskey though?
;)

Phenomenal. It is really very good and cheap. You can't really explain it, I think if you tried then it wouldn't sound very appetizing. You must be able to get some in Englandshire. Just have it with mash potatoes & neap. Some oatcakes on the side, and a whisky sauce. Oh, and a dram.

Neeps Ahleckz

Associate
OP
Best cooked breakfast I ever had was a full Scottish in a B+B in Edinburgh. Perfect poached eggs, haggis, black pudding, local meats etc.

Not sure I understand the OP exactly. A 'Scottish' and an 'English' are essentially synonyms for 'cooked breakfast' in those two countries. It's a little cringeworthy that the former was offered and the latter was requested as a substitute when essentially they're the same thing with minor (or in this case no) differences.

It was fairly light hearted, but I was expecting there to be something scotish about it, im not against the idea of a scotish breakfast I was lookin forward to it, i was disappointed

Soldato
In my opinion a Scottish breakfast should consist of....

Fried Haggis
Tattie Scone
Square Sausage
Bacon
Beans
Fried Egg

You can also add a link sausage or 2, and maybe fried tomato and black pudding.

If it doesn't have fried Haggis, a tattie scone and a square sausage it aint a full Scottish :)

From someone who lived in Scotland for a while - this.

Associate
If I remember correctly then a Scottish breakfast should contain, tattie scone, square sausage, black pudding and fruit pudding plus the usual egg etc.

yeah this is more like it. From living in scotland all my days i think i have come across haggis once in a breakfast. I do enjoy it but certainly dont miss it either.

Stornaway black pudding and some ayrshire middle bacon.......mmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom