• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
didn't seem he would ever get up so just suicded.... maybe once you drink so much there's no going back unless someone comes along and helps you or something

When I watched Sacriel on thursday he said that some guy drunk bottle of booze and had to wait 3hrs before his guy got up :)

I want to get this but don't think there's enough content yet to keep me entertained.

Soldato
Just for fun I'd love to see a football in the grassy areas in towns. Could throw it at people back and forth or maybe a kick button too because I have seen small football goals.

Caporegime
no that is the total opposite. it needs to stay hardcore many want this. too many easy games about. also extra things will come as the game progresses.

early access is part of game development its here to stay you either jump in enjoy the ride or have faith in whatever game you pick.or just dont bother. its just how games are now days you accept that or just move on.

look at what is planned for 1.0 . literally everything what anyone wanted from dayz or any survival game.this game is already better than dayz SA on release lol. yes its pretty hard but...lots like this.

FEATURES IN CURRENT GAME
The following features are available in the game as it is available now. Please continue to check this area and the Steam forums for updates to featuresets and additions through the Early Access period.

Multiplayer & Single Player Support
Network Events [Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Cargo Assault]
NPCs [Drones, Sentry Robots, Puppets]
Domestic and Wild Animals
Weather + Day Time Simulation
Three Environment Types [Mediterranean, Continental Europe, Dinaric Alps]
Advanced Metabolism System
Inventory System
RPG Character Customization
Basic Visual Character Customization [Tattoos]
Character Leveling System [Experience Points]
Basic Crafting System [Skill Based]
Basic Movement System + Vaulting
Basic Combat System [Unarmed, Melee Weapons, Firearms]
Fully Realistic Bullet Physics
Animal Tracking and Hunting System
Basic Fame Point System
Basic Team System
Basic Shelter Respawn System
Voice Chat

FEATURES PLANNED FOR VERSION 1.0
The following features are not yet in SCUM and are planned as a part of the Early Access period. The timing and depth of these features are subject to change base on community feedback and development realities.

Metanarrative Gameplay [Primary / Secondary Missions, Side Quests, End Game Content]
Functional Vehicles + Different Vehicle Types
Female Characters
Fortifications/Bases Functional
Safe Zones Implemented
Advanced Visual Character Customization
Advanced Combat System [Martial Arts + Improved Weapons Control and Movement]
All Soft Skills and Skill Levels Fully Implemented
Advanced Crafting System
Rebellion Experience System
Advanced NPC and Animal AI
Additional NPC and Wildlife Sets
Advanced Team Mechanics
Additional Network Events
Advanced Fame Point System
Additional Weapons and Gear
Larger Urban Areas

also for the few people worried about cheats anticheat is coming soon.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/513710/discussions/0/1737715419900675240/

Soldato
I'm not saying hard is a problem, but watching Viss and JoshOG play and the start of the game was about 45 minutes of them running through trees to meet up. Bit of excitement when Viss stopped to eat some corn, then back to more running.
By the time the met up he'd managed to find some chillies, a pitchfork and a candle...

Not too much later they got killed and didn't have enough rep (cuz they'd done nothing) to spawn near each other, so more running to meet up again.

Real edge of your seat stuff, blink and you might miss them open an empty cupboard...

Caporegime
That's why I haven't bought this yet, that and none of my friends have either.

It's like pubg meets rust.
it looks more hardcore than it is.

most streamers are dire at the game as well I've noticed.

yesterday was watching stripping +5 guys camping the airport and they got owned by 2 guys 10kills to 1
streamers are the worst players for the most part because they don't care about the game, have no idea about the mechanics and just want to play what's popular for the most part.

I'm not saying hard is a problem, but watching Viss and JoshOG play and the start of the game was about 45 minutes of them running through trees to meet up. Bit of excitement when Viss stopped to eat some corn, then back to more running.
By the time the met up he'd managed to find some chillies, a pitchfork and a candle...

Not too much later they got killed and didn't have enough rep (cuz they'd done nothing) to spawn near each other, so more running to meet up again.

Real edge of your seat stuff, blink and you might miss them open an empty cupboard...
then they should have got game ready before they streamed it's not the games fault.

if you were actually playing it you would find it fun same with most games watching is boring.

60k people playing the game right now, seems it's been going up by 1-2k each day since release so I guess people aren't finding it so boring.
should be a cracking game once vehicles, safe zones and some missions get added

Games a steal at £16 even as it is now, I'd happily have paid £25 and not been disappointed

i5 4670k 8gb ram, 980ti is getting me 70+fps maxed out settings at 1920x1080.

not noticed any memory leak people are talking about or fps loss over time and I've played the game for 7 hours straight without any reload screen from death or event that people claim fixes the fps loss.

Last edited:
Associate
good news about a/c

i have left my game sat thrre with 2 hours on... i am away so cant play but was hoping anti cheat came in sooner... although luckily ive not been done by one.

i like SCUM.. like i say i gave dayz best part of 1200 hours.. JS 2000... ive got miscreated, rust... its the genre i want to be a part of. So if SCUM cracks on, then ill be happy to fully support it and waste time on it.

Caporegime
anti cheat is top pirority right now, can't say I encountered any so far
Due to rising concerns regarding the hackers and cheaters, we have decided to make a quick announcement and tell you what’s going on. This is our main priority so don’t think we are not aware of this. We can’t tell you when the anti cheat system will be implemented for the reasons that will be published once its integrated, but it’s definitely going to be sooner than later. Along with the anti cheat update, we will be bringing a host of other requested changes. We are working around the clock to respond to all messages and requests, so please - remain patient and we are more than sure you will be satisfied.

Soldato
it looks more hardcore than it is.

most streamers are dire at the game as well I've noticed.

yesterday was watching stripping +5 guys camping the airport and they got owned by 2 guys 10kills to 1
streamers are the worst players for the most part because they don't care about the game, have no idea about the mechanics and just want to play what's popular for the most part.

then they should have got game ready before they streamed it's not the games fault.

if you were actually playing it you would find it fun same with most games watching is boring.

60k people playing the game right now, seems it's been going up by 1-2k each day since release so I guess people aren't finding it so boring.
should be a cracking game once vehicles, safe zones and some missions get added

Games a steal at £16 even as it is now, I'd happily have paid £25 and not been disappointed

i5 4670k 8gb ram, 980ti is getting me 70+fps maxed out settings at 1920x1080.

not noticed any memory leak people are talking about or fps loss over time and I've played the game for 7 hours straight without any reload screen from death or event that people claim fixes the fps loss.
The game could let you create a squad before you load in, then you could spawn together. That would've saved a large amount of time.

Associate
in my minimal playtime all i can say is that its very dayz but works a bit better from the off. theres a fair bit more personal care and charcater development. the environment is more challenging in terms of zombies nad robots and wildlife.

if you like dayz and its concept then scum is worth a punt.

Soldato
It's a little short of content at the moment for me. Think they need to get vehicles in asap as the slog to meet up with friends is a bit of a nightmare. Also need to get the base building more advanced so we can stash gear a littler safer. Maybe we're just playing on a low pop server but it seems empty of other players, once you're kitted up without the fun of hunting down others it's a little tedious. If we're not on a low pop server then they need more than 64 players as the map is huge.

Back
Top Bottom