SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
its fine just insert same names in here the same posts will happen.as said before.
why are you being so defensive/offensive - there's not one single troll post in the last 2 pages, at least none that i can see. can you quote/highlight them? there's a few folk, like myself, keeping an eye on the game and asking questions before jumping in. that's hardly trolling mate.

Soldato
Bought it, given I've liked the look of this since first seeing their detailed videos on the depth the character mechanics go to, but having held off since seeing the mess on streams and reviews. To those unsure, do join Discord as some of the folks there are very helpful if you're just getting started.

The reviews and streams have been correct in the lag during PvP, it's a complete shambles. It's more down to luck whether you win those engagements. Getting punched round corners by people who aren't even there when you're facing them directly (in first person view, so not that third person hiding thing) and zombies who hurt you without even getting close, reminds me quite a bit of DayZ standalone. Which I loved, until the lack of fixing stuff got old.

The third person view is a nice idea in that it balances 1st vs 3rd person players, but it's poorly implemented given it relies on you moving the camera to exactly where you're looking, which is quite unnatural when you think about it. Your eyes dart all over the screen in play, and you don't move the camera perspective to all those points you're looking at, meaning you can be looking right at someone with your eyes on the screen, but becuase the camera angle isn't exactly where you're looking at the point in time, the person won't render in.

I'll likely keep playing for a bit, but it really is quite broken currently.

Caporegime
why are you being so defensive/offensive - there's not one single troll post in the last 2 pages, at least none that i can see. can you quote/highlight them? there's a few folk, like myself, keeping an eye on the game and asking questions before jumping in. that's hardly trolling mate.

can name the same people probably 5-6 who only post negative posts about the game. im fine if you dont like it or do . posting only negative when you dont own it. what a waste of time. i could quote the same people through this thread who do this but not really worth the effort.

maybe your eyes are closed kwango :p

Sui

Sui

Soldato
can name the same people probably 5-6 who only post negative posts about the game. im fine if you dont like it or do . posting only negative when you dont own it. what a waste of time. i could quote the same people through this thread who do this but not really worth the effort.

Didn't you do the same with PUBG though? ;)

Soldato

i tend not to pay attention to the serial moaners :p
but genuinely i haven't seen any in the last 2 pages, other than someone mentioning the declining numbers. i guess the reason for the decline could be the return to school or the 20-30hr 'wall' of content. obviously there'll be a natural decline due to those who bought it and it simply isn't for them etc but it is quite a worringly marked decline in the past couple of days by the looks of it.
i'll defo keep my eyes on it though and keep my fingers crossed the devs can get the content/bug fix balance right to keep and increase the player base. a brilliant game with a dead/declining palyer base is still a dead/dying game. (looking at you titanfall 1&2!)

Caporegime
Didn't you do the same with PUBG though? ;)

i stated similar on pubg but atleast i brought it and had genuine bugs that stopped me from wanting to play it. i brought pubg x3 before keeping it.due to this.

this is totally different matter. its the same people who dont even own the game returning.most likely to try and get a rise from me.this wont ever happen. i dont get mad. period.unless its a very serious matter which arguing about a game isnt.in anyway or form. just cause i reply doesnt mean you got a rise its just cause im bored. i have plenty of spare time.;)

the game is brilliant the depth of somethings that is included in the game is mind blowing if you look. never seen such attention to detail in hardly anygame. some people are moaning about content from a just released ea game. thats some 80 iq thinking right there. the numbers are fine. more playing that most large franchise games. you will probably get a drop off but thats okay. its probably those people who havent looked into what the game is or people who get to 30-40 hrs then have a break and wait for content.which is fine. those people will carry on playing and keep trying each new patch as the game grows.

titanfall 1 was amazing. one of the best games i ever played. titanfall 2 was garbage :p

Soldato
the game is brilliant the depth of somethings that is included in the game is mind blowing if you look. never seen such attention to detail in hardly anygame.
it certainly seems to be going for depth, which is good for it's long term. but it has to survive this initial period for that depth to count for anything.

some people are moaning about content from a just released ea game. thats some 80 iq thinking right there.
ordinarily i'd agree with you......but we are living and gaming in an age where the average gamer expects more. you know and i know what an ea game is and what to expect but that counts for nothing. people pay money, they want something for that money. that's why i've been banging on that they need to add content and fast - ea or not. fixing the bugs, working on optimisation etc without doubt are big things they need to do but people are fickle. they need to hold the player base now they have it, bug fixes and optimisations will only go so far. without content you lose the player base, once that sarts to happen the game is dead. it's as simple as that. i do not in anyway agree that that is correct but it's just the way of the modern gamer - patience is a virtue that has long since been lost as far as gamers goes.

those people will carry on playing and keep trying each new patch as the game grows.
will they though? or will they get bored and move on to something else and the game ends up as a greyed out name on their steam list? i fear it to be the latter.

this game has so so much potential, like so many before it. it could be groundbreaking, it could be the WoW of the first/third person shooter/survival game given the depth it has but it has to get through this initial 'trail by fire' or it simply becomes another 'could have been' game.

titanfall 1 was amazing. one of the best games i ever played.
correct
titanfall 2 was garbage :p
incorrect;)

Caporegime
the player base will be fine. will grow. there isnt nothing else to play ! thats the problem for many so they jump in on a game they dont know much about. how many of us actually research a company behind a game or the games basics ? not many. most just see online friends playing " is it good " then buy.

titanfall 2 was garbage they simplified it because people struggled to master even basics of the first game. made it more console player friendly.i played in massive comps for titanfall 1.big money.prizes. 2 was just so easy wasnt enjoyable. dumbed down for the masses.to get more playing. its understood why they did it to grow the playerbase but it also ruined what was great with the first game. hopefully the 3rd one will be better.

Soldato
I played he he’ll out of Titanfall 1, and thought it was great. In retrospect, it was also released when there was a serious drought in gaming. TF2 didn’t hold my attention for long, mainly because there were plenty of alternatives.

I love the idea of SCUM but haven’t been back to it since release. I didn’t encounter any bugs, but trying to play with the discord crew when you only get to play for an hour or so at a time is nigh on impossible, so I ended up having to play solo. As a solo experience, the game is very lacking at the moment.

Soldato
I concur, provided you weren't being tongue in cheek! Never know with you! :D
no tongue in cheek on this one :D

Titanfall 2 had one of the best SP games I think I've ever played.
100% the only downside was that it was too damn short. normally with mp games with a sp element i run the sp for an hour or so to get the feel for the mechanics of the game/maps etc then jump in to the mp.....with tf2 i didn't want to play the mp!

As a solo experience, the game is very lacking at the moment.
i'm guessing that's the lack of content? or was it more game issues that put you off?

Caporegime
new patch

https://steamcommunity.com/games/513710/announcements/detail/3100055045007190221

• Anti-cheat system improved.

• Add an Improvised stab-proof vest

• Edited collision for SM_Compensator (sentry could see the player, reported bug)

• Expanded Primitive collision on Military Hangar doors meshes (Sentry should not be able to shoot you through the collision gap on oval hangar doors anymore)

• Added search sounds to wooden boxes

• Temporarily disabled bruising while we investigate the source of client performance drop

• Added autodestruct check limit to items

• Changed default item auto destruct time to 10min

• Added search sounds for various items

• Increased Rifle bash regain control (bash was faster than melee)

• Added SM_Di...not yet...

• Increased digestion rate by 30% - Daily intake should now be refreshed every 24h (scaled game time)

• Wooden stick won't bounce infinite times anymore (Possible fix for FPS drops)

• Disabled glow on shelter and storage box

• Fixed a server crash when inviting a player to a team after they force logged out

• Server browser refresh is stoppable now

Soldato
They wiped the characters just a couple of days ago.

And now wiped since yesterday. It makes building characters utterly pointless

Combined with the fact that all servers are private, I cannot see this managing to continue successfully as you just lose all progress without warning.

Back
Top Bottom