• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
Is anyone else getting severely ****** off with this retarded thing where people seem to have to place a video overlay of themselves on all videos? What is the ******* point?

Caporegime
many videos will be streamed you ideally need yourself on can to retain more viewers. its the biggest thing your asked if you stream. we want to see your face.link your indentity to your voice.

the more im playing this the more depth i keep finding i didnt even know was there. make sure if you playing you really experiement with your food your eating.can make massive differences to your gameplay.as the group we playing in are finding.so many different foods and recipes.with big health benefits.i understand now why the system has taken so long but as the game develops this is really going to be a big thing in gameplay. very clever.

Soldato
A thick skin is not a thing I have, I have a pretty severe mental disorder so struggle with basically everything, forget things easy and simple things are extremely hard to grasp. Hence a lot of questions and can barely speak without stumbling words etc.

Caporegime
i think the key to anything is not take things literally. many people will have banter maybe try you if new for eg to see if you have a laugh join in with the camaraderie . its fairly common in gaming. always has been.

Associate
I'm really struggling to work out why so many people play this game! What is the end game or goal ? Nothing from what I have seen, ok i get that it can be fun with a group of people but then again any game can! From what I have played you get put on a random spot in the map and then you have to go and find stuff ! guns and bags and craft but its the most boring game ever ! I spent 2 hours doing all this to then get shot and killed by a robot ! LMAO! technically just wasted 2 hours of my life on a game that wasn't even fun to play....

You play games over and over like PUGB because you get something out of every game = Points to spend on gear + You play over and over because you want to be the best and win! its fun & you have awesome fire fights . Scum doesn't do anything for me. Honestly id give it 2 out of 10 rating.

The game needs to give you a reason to return and play it!

I've just gone back to world of Warcraft after 4 years and you know what ?> Its bloody amazing , why ? because you are constantly upgrading your gear and making yourself better and its great fun.

I think in time Scum could be good but it needs to give us the players a reason to want to play it !

It gives us the players nothing in return for the time put in thats the problem

Caporegime
I'm really struggling to work out why so many people play this game! What is the end game or goal ? Nothing from what I have seen, ok i get that it can be fun with a group of people but then again any game can! From what I have played you get put on a random spot in the map and then you have to go and find stuff ! guns and bags and craft but its the most boring game ever ! I spent 2 hours doing all this to then get shot and killed by a robot ! LMAO! technically just wasted 2 hours of my life on a game that wasn't even fun to play....

You play games over and over like PUGB because you get something out of every game = Points to spend on gear + You play over and over because you want to be the best and win! its fun & you have awesome fire fights . Scum doesn't do anything for me. Honestly id give it 2 out of 10 rating.

The game needs to give you a reason to return and play it!

I've just gone back to world of Warcraft after 4 years and you know what ?> Its bloody amazing , why ? because you are constantly upgrading your gear and making yourself better and its great fun.

I think in time Scum could be good but it needs to give us the players a reason to want to play it !

It gives us the players nothing in return for the time put in thats the problem

this game you learn the more you play. for eg me ive played about nearly 40 hrs already. i can tell you like i said to someone new yesterday you dont want to judge this game until you got 20-30 hrs in. by then you will have a understanding how to play it. how to manage yourself ingame. im still only just learning things so if you only played under 10 hrs you dont know much at all yet. the thing is many places wont of been discovered yet. some of these places are loot havens. guns everything. loot. zombies in big groups. there is lots to do . you probably just not discovered much of it yet.

im still finding new stuff everytime i start the game up so i know you havent discovered half the stuff yet thats in scum. its not for everyone but you really need to play 20-30 hrs min before really accessing this game. it cant be properly judged in 2 hrs.

me and bishie just found a town we never been to in the dark and we were instantly attacked by over 20 zombies at once.:D was both hectic and fun.zombies have great variation and some will out sprint you or even climb walls and jump and you to get at you. i was on a balacony and watched a zombie climb a wall look at me then jump straight up attacking me. i thought i was safe.

there is a lot of depth to this game not discovered . as the content gets added and people play it more the more you will find this out.

Soldato
scum has just announced that its just broke 700,000 sales.

Clearly a demand for survival games still. Close combat desync aside, i'm still really enjoying this about 20+ hours in. It's a map that rewards close exploration and not just going to orange dots on the map. Plenty of stuff not marked up.

Would you mind elaborating please? I'm intrigued.

I was having a pointless whinge about the racist "bantz".

Soldato
New patch will be live in 15 min!

• Added first wave of server optimization that should decerease lag.

• Fixed Prisoner stats not being saved in singleplayer mode

• Fixed shelter and storage box saving in single player

• Added cap to negative fame penalty on kill (Can't lose more than 20 now)

• Localization update, added German and Russian

• Projectile actor is always relevant. (This fixed the bug where you didnt hear gun shoots behind your back)

• Enabled character leaning while in melee combat mode and jogging/sprinting

• Fixed bug where prisoner would recover from ragdoll on a vastly different location than he went into ragdoll.

• Fixed glass on Hangar_01 Now awarenes should work. (Now you should see a player through the glass not just the gun flying around, also Sentries can see you through it now)

• Fixed time dilation exploit for movement speed (speedhack)

• Fixed Rendering distances on Airport (Buildings render further, so you wont see people flying around)

• Adjusted temperature calculation while in water. (You get colder faster)

• Fixed weapon models where they would look distorded on low settings. (also fixed that on a lot of items)

• Added new sentry voice

• Fixing Crossroar collisions (Where Sentry was getting stuck)

• Sentry now only gives out one warning, even if player complies and leaves the area it will engage on sight next time

• Fixed 1 sec bug for NoSkill Make Shelter, added times 25,20,15,10 sec for NoSkill/Basic/Medium/Advanced

• Entering and leaving multiplayer submenu should not freeze for a second anymore

• Enabled admin commands in singleplayer.

#ListAssets Item|Character [<Filter>]

#SpawnItem <Asset> [<Count>]

#SpawnCharacter <Asset> [<Count>]

#Teleport <Steam ID, Steam Name or Character Name> [<X> <Y> <Z>]

#SetFamePoints <Value> [<Steam ID, Steam Name or Character Name>]

Back
Top Bottom