SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
Every time I just about buy this game I come back to the same question, maybe someone can help me out. What's the end goal aim of the game?

Once you've done looting and got gear and food and water and all that, what are you trying to do? I gather it's not a BR so killing people is doesn't really do much as they can just respawn, so you don't win by being the last man standing right?

Is there a story or something you're trying to do? Are you trying to escape? Are you trying to get a certain rep score?

Is it just a looting simulator where you're trying to delay losing/dying for as long as possible with no actual way to "win"?

Associate
Every time I just about buy this game I come back to the same question, maybe someone can help me out. What's the end goal aim of the game?

Once you've done looting and got gear and food and water and all that, what are you trying to do? I gather it's not a BR so killing people is doesn't really do much as they can just respawn, so you don't win by being the last man standing right?

Is there a story or something you're trying to do? Are you trying to escape? Are you trying to get a certain rep score?

Is it just a looting simulator where you're trying to delay losing/dying for as long as possible with no actual way to "win"?

in many ways its a sandbox. as of now there is no end game other than to gear up, survive, kill and have random encounters.

Soldato
player numbers plummeting... maybe more refunds and boredom than first expected
if that is true it seems almost prophetic - I mentioned earlier most of the streams I watched they were saying that currently there's only really 20-30hrs worth of life in the game. if it released on the 29th a lot of people will be at the number of hours now so possibly boredom has set in.
it's good to see the performance fixes they've been doing (take note bluehole!) but they need content and fast.

Associate
im not trolling but monday saw 65000 peak concurrent... dropping steadily to 39000 today.

still a lot playing but thats a sharp decline after being consistent for a week.

Caporegime
I think https://steamdb.info/app/513710/graphs/ has better stats than steam charts.

I think people will be back once there is more content.

going from around 60k to > 40k after 9 days ain't so bad considering once you've played for like 20hours you pretty much did almost everything and without vehicles it gets a bit old.

maybe the wipe put a lot of people off also.

I'm sure it picks up again once there's something new to play with.

Refunds I'd probably imagine it's around 30% but survival games aren't for everyone, a lot of people don't realise what the game genre really is about and don't expect it to be more about looting/player encounters and less instant gratification based.

personally I like survival because the pvp is fairly meaningful theres a real sense of loss when you die even if it only takes 30-60mins to gear up it's still quite a significant loss if you don't have a stash ready for your respawn

I personally didn't play in 2 days but I'll be back once there's more patches to check out the changes.

No regrets at all for me 42 hours played, only 16 euros sure good value for EA title imo and with a patch every 2 days so far, decent fixes I'm confident in the devs pulling this into a real good game in the near future not years down the line like most EA games

the game already has a lot of things missing right now that already exist in the game as items, some of the survival mechanics are disabled that were once turned on before EA came.

Last edited:
Associate
Drop off this week is probably a lot of players back at school or college. Check numbers over the weekend for a better idea. Anyway I almost refunded after the first hour but did stick with it and yes it does need more content but there is a lot of depth to be exploited. Treating it as a survival game it already makes rust look basic and you can just spend hours exploring and surviving inthe wilderness. Also some of the zombies can be pretty brutal especially if you get a pack of them jumping everywhere after you. In urban areas it feels like 28 days later the game. Although it does need vehicles and base building as soon as they can. I've been taking less risks the more tooled up I get without anywhere good to stash anything.

Back
Top Bottom