SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
Getting the runs mid-fight will never cease to amuse. Though I would prefer it if you just ruined the contents of your trousers, rather than stopping dead and crouching down without a moment's notice.

Lots of lag issues when in groups of four or more, but under that it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Caporegime
TLDR from reddit
TLDR
  • Launch was crazy, hackers and DDoS attacks being the main problems. At one stage they had 1 GB/s coming into the master server via DDoS attacks
  • Only have 5 programmers and one master server for now
  • Office space limited... looking for a new one and hiring more people
  • A lot of features disabled/removed due to hackers and the need to slowly test things instead of 100's of thing at once & for balance, LOTS of things. Only 30% of features exist in the game at the moment
  • Smoking will be in the game
  • Maybe slippery surfaces when it rains
  • House fortification in the next big patch and Vehicles not long after
  • Fortify doors/windows only at first but then sandbags around your house and traps later
  • Vehicles will probably start with unlimited fuel. Fuel and broken/fixable cars come after
  • Catching bugs and recreating them hard... very hard... a player 10km away from you may do something that affects you
  • Puppets inside Military Base's
  • Free Cam being added back to Single Player
  • Server optimization coming, lag/desync not a network problem, its servers getting overloaded with workload. Getting advice/help from Epic Games on this (yes, EPIC are the makers of the UE4 and the Dev's of Fortnite). A new version of Unreal Engine 4 will help with this (getting that in a week or so, work already started on it.. maybe 2 weeks until release). They are not on the main branch of the UE4 Engine... Changing all the time to accommodate SCUM game
  • A lot of content already created, they have more content creators than programmers, so now need programming to catch up
  • Electricity Generator already built... can power electric fences (needs fuel though)
  • Lots more cooking recipes already done. Unit measures in data base and materials just need to be matched up so they work together
  • Eating raw food will be bad for you
  • More weapons coming... Bows etc...
  • Complex ballistics already in game
  • Explosives/Explosive Weapons will come, but not until much later... RPG's and other Rocket Launchers coming
  • More character cosmetics/choices coming... faces etc... Females will be coming
  • Will be able to hack and control Mechs... also able to hack and control Drones, Puppets and OTHER PLAYERS FOR A SHORT TIME XD
  • Missions at certain places on the map
  • Special "Corporate" loot air drops
  • Lots of plans for Medical skills... Have got advice from Ex US Ranger who was a medic
  • BR type play is happening atm... but overall game focus will be on survival
  • No Memory leak... It client side "item queue" that is causing it... Working with EPIC Games to solve it
  • Trading in Fame Points for "stuff"
  • EMP grenades talked about to disable Mechs for a time
  • Compass coming (craftable). Current map will be removed and map will have to be found, maybe in pieces. Will have tools to navigate
  • Lots of things related to hacking happening... as in anti-cheat. 1000 already banned. Not talking about it because it helps the hackers when they do. Releasing server files would make things worse, so not happening at the moment
  • Direct reporting of cheaters/hackers from in game UI coming
  • Trying to work as quickly as possible... but things like loot box bug happens when they try to go to fast lol
  • Will at some point need to slow down with patch's (4-5 weeks between), as things get more complex, is bigger risk of breaking something major
  • Safe Zone medical bays
  • Caves coming.... said he thinks there is one in the game right now with the last patch!
  • Looting through walls will be removed
  • Events will be changed to reflect the most popular
  • Blanks maybe added... as in ammo that you can load in guns and give to others to see if they shoot you lol
  • Pick-Pocketing coming
  • Explosive bullets... even for AK etc.... fake bullets... bullets you can rig to explode
  • Binoculars coming
  • Indicators for weapon fire mode, ammo left in gun etc coming
  • Fireworks/crackers coming for distraction
  • Human and Animal traps coming
  • Animal handling (training/taming) coming... maybe use Donkey/Horse to carry stuff and Bear to protect you... Chicken for egg source
  • HEADS ON STICKS COMING to mark your territory LOL
  • Ghillie suits coming
  • More clothes from animals coming.... Horse and Pig hats etc... one guy has done all the clothes
  • Chest locks.... lock picking... electronic locks/password hacking talked about
  • Maybe Flame Throwers and "some crazy ****" lol
Think I got most of it.....

Caporegime
As a smoker, I seriously cant see the point in this even from a game point of view. Starting smoking was one of the stupidest things I ever did and it really doesnt need to be recreated in any game.
probably be part of the vice/flaw system which isn't in yet.
when you create a character you will be able to be drug dependant or whatever, you get bonus stats as long as you keep the vice filled and I guess a penalty if you don't

Caporegime
next patch is base fortification then vehicles. more than dayz has done in 6 years. the games doing well. wipe your tears or recharge your battery move on. your trolling attemps are the same as a farm yard pig iq wise. hurts reading them. if they were decent trolls it could atleast inject a little humour into the thread.

Associate
it's not a troll just facts.

same as battalion. you could see players leaving in their droves yet you called everyone a troll in that thread as well.

it's a shame you don't understand that in life people will have differing opinions.

Soldato
next patch is base fortification then vehicles. more than dayz has done in 6 years. the games doing well. wipe your tears or recharge your battery move on. your trolling attemps are the same as a farm yard pig iq wise. hurts reading them. if they were decent trolls it could atleast inject a little humour into the thread.

200 FPS in this?

Associate
Give it time and it the players will come back to it.

I hope so as I love the genre and have dumped thousands of hours into other games... JS Dayz Miscreated etc

Its problem is a lack of content ...compare it to those I've listed and it needs a lot doing to it. I see they are talking a big game but so do everyone. it needs more than talking and roadmaps, it needs a constant stream of content updates that are not stupid like a ***** as a dump item.

the sharp decline in player population is proof in the pudding that the game is very bare bones

Associate
I hope so as I love the genre and have dumped thousands of hours into other games... JS Dayz Miscreated etc

Its problem is a lack of content ...compare it to those I've listed and it needs a lot doing to it. I see they are talking a big game but so do everyone. it needs more than talking and roadmaps, it needs a constant stream of content updates that are not stupid like a ***** as a dump item.

the sharp decline in player population is proof in the pudding that the game is very bare bones

100% agree with you, I hope the developers really stick at this and continue to push out as much content as possible otherwise we will be seeing another survival game drift off which would be such a shame as I really want this to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom